The free demo on minecraft.net...

#1pacpuf7249Posted 10/3/2012 8:37:30 PM
-Can you play it for as long as you want?

-Can I apply mods to it?

-If I update it (its currently 1.1, but it offers an update), will it be restricted in some way?
---
Cool Smash is an action movie in where Matrix-and-X-Men-like characters fight in the warehouse that appeared in the first episode of Falling Skies.
#2VriskaNepetaPosted 10/3/2012 8:38:19 PM
I'll answer all of those with one simple answer.

No.
#3riddlebox89Posted 10/3/2012 10:43:31 PM
pacpuf7249 posted...

-Can I apply mods to it?

-If I update it (its currently 1.1, but it offers an update), will it be restricted in some way?

1, Yes and No, you can create as many demo worlds as you want, but you're only allowed to play them for like...three or five in game days, which is one hour or an hour forty five respectively.

2, No.

3, You'll be restricted in the sense that you can only play three to five in game days and have to make a new world to play more, no mods, maybe no online, maybe no texture packs as well.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#4_DTM_Posted 10/4/2012 12:56:00 AM
I remember hearing that if you use commands to set it to day you can keep playing but that seems annoying.
#5pacpuf7249(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2012 7:20:23 PM
riddlebox89 posted...
pacpuf7249 posted...

-Can I apply mods to it?

1, Yes and No, you can create as many demo worlds as you want, but you're only allowed to play them for like...three or five in game days, which is one hour or an hour forty five respectively.

2, No.

3, You'll be restricted in the sense that you can only play three to five in game days and have to make a new world to play more, no mods, maybe no online, maybe no texture packs as well.

Turns out I could keep playing in DEMO V1.1 indefinitely cause I played 9.37 hours in it and got LOADS of cool stuff, and can keep playing. My dad was using his PC profile and was running a scan, so I wanted to play the demo on his profile. But since he has never played minecraft, when I loaded the demo it asked me to verify notch's java signature or something like that(which I have in my profile always enabled), so I clicked yes or run (dont remember which), but when I hit Run, the demo loaded but in 1.3.2, so i panicked and Switch User'd to my profile and logged on to the same Mincerfat account to find its still 1.1 in my profile, so I can keep playing in my world. YAY!!!!
---
Cool Smash is an action movie in where Matrix-and-X-Men-like characters fight in the warehouse that appeared in the first episode of Falling Skies.
#6UltimaKeyMasterPosted 10/9/2012 1:23:39 PM
pacpuf7249 posted...

-Can I apply mods to it?

1. 5 in-game days per session, so 100 minutes (with an odd extra 12 seconds for some reason). Using a bed to skip the night doesn't give you extra day time, the timer speeds up to the next day's time. You can reset it infinitely, but it'll always be the same "North Carolina" seed, so the map never changes.

2. Uh...dunno?

3. Pretty sure it'll update like normal, then give you the same map and timer as always, not sure.
---
PSN-BrandonSkyblade
#7chaosgamer99Posted 10/9/2012 2:36:04 PM
pacpuf7249 posted...
riddlebox89 posted...
pacpuf7249 posted...

-Can I apply mods to it?

2, No.

Turns out I could keep playing in DEMO V1.1 indefinitely cause I played 9.37 hours in it and got LOADS of cool stuff, and can keep playing. My dad was using his PC profile and was running a scan, so I wanted to play the demo on his profile. But since he has never played minecraft, when I loaded the demo it asked me to verify notch's java signature or something like that(which I have in my profile always enabled), so I clicked yes or run (dont remember which), but when I hit Run, the demo loaded but in 1.3.2, so i panicked and Switch User'd to my profile and logged on to the same Mincerfat account to find its still 1.1 in my profile, so I can keep playing in my world. YAY!!!!

Nice job abusing the system there, instead of actually figuring out if the game will run well.

If the demo works, just buy the game, or hell pirate it, but don't just play the demo forever.
---
http://i.imgur.com/zI84T.png