Well, I think I've officially hit my minecraft limit.

#1NinjaKitsunePosted 10/3/2012 8:43:03 PM
Added industrialcraft a couple days ago. Was fun for a while, but it basically turned into another resources/numbers game. Spent a huge amount of time before I even found my first vein of tin (probably need to look at the custom ore gen config I'm using or make my own). I barely made it into the second tier of energy, and then only because I needed an mfe to power my OV scanner. Didn't even get to the point where I had a nanosuit.

On a deeper level, I think I'm kinda sick of resource gathering in general. It's either hideously slow (vanilla) or a crapshoot (any of the custom distribution mods). Turn up the amount of ore, I see more than I want to dig. But at the same time, a resource-hungry mod like industrialcraft...

I don't even know what I'm trying to get at here. I just want minecraft to be fun again.
---
Press button, receive duck. Press button again, receive ductorate.
Don't press button third time. Don't ask why.
#2pstwoorbustPosted 10/3/2012 9:25:17 PM
I know man, I keep getting the urge to play, but I can't keep it going for more than a half hour. I feel like I need some serious time apart... Heck, maybe I'll catch up on some steam summer sale games. But yea, I feel like I should wait maybe 2 updates before trying it again. Odds of me sticking to that are low, but it's probably a good idea.
---
This is minecraft. Why would u want 2 deal with uneven terrain? If you don't like the lay of the land, you punch it until it shapes the f*** up. l33t_ninj4_1337
#3GoaFan77Posted 10/3/2012 9:40:08 PM
Take a month or two off, then get as many mods that work well together as possible (Industrialcraft, buildcraft, forestry etc.) and start fresh, probably on a new version of minecraft by then. Once the command blocks are officially out adventure maps will get a lot more immersive as well.
---
"How ridiculous and how strange to be surprised at anything which happens in life!"
#4NarcelesPosted 10/3/2012 10:38:05 PM
Technic was like a second wind for me with Minecraft. And a third wind came when I just learned how sweet logistics pipes are.
---
"Narceles, don't try to argue or reason with hippies and commies." -menalaos1971
Lazarus threw the party. Lazarus threw the fight.
#5NinjaKitsune(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 4:27:20 PM
Take a month or two off, then get as many mods that work well together as possible (Industrialcraft, buildcraft, forestry etc.) and start fresh, probably on a new version of minecraft by then. Once the command blocks are officially out adventure maps will get a lot more immersive as well.

That's more or less what's happened. Play->bored->new update->favorite mods update and I try a few new mods->FUN->bored again->next update->wait. Short of EE or cranking custom ore gen levels to max, I don't see how I can really deal with the problem I have with resource gathering. Even with Custom ore gen, I'm either passing up a bunch of resources or they're sitting there until I do something big (My current world has something like 10 stacks of redstone and I could probably have easily tripled it), and there's still the time I have to spend harvesting them, exploring caves, etc. I went to peaceful halfway through the world because mobs were more of a PITA than an actual threat, not to mention the train wreck that is hunger.

Of course, part of it is that like I said in a previous topic I really don't have much as a goal other than becoming more "efficient" (Better tools, higher tier machines, etc). I've lost count how many worlds I've had since the end was introduced and I've never even been there. Just got bored before I could make it.
---
Nasa was elated that the Phoenix lander has detected ice on Mars. The elation turns to concern when, several hours later, the lander detects a Zamboni machine.
#6TitanStrikePosted 10/4/2012 4:56:55 PM
Get EE and use the divining rods, they are basically X-Ray. They tell you values of ores in the ground where you point. The mining laser can shoot huge beams, use it to break a lot of blocks in a row so you can strip mine more. or get EE and use destruction catalyst and hyperkenetic lens.
---
oxxxx|==============>
MC, Steam ID, most other IGN's: KITTYONFYRE
#7NinjaKitsune(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 5:13:34 PM(edited)
Get EE and use the divining rods, they are basically X-Ray. They tell you values of ores in the ground where you point. The mining laser can shoot huge beams, use it to break a lot of blocks in a row so you can strip mine more. or get EE and use destruction catalyst and hyperkenetic lens.

Running 1.3.2 right now, though I'm certainly considering it once EE3 comes out. I've got something similar with Industrialcraft's OV scanner. Considering trying to set up a mix of veins and clouds for my next run so that I can actually make reasonable use of the miner (With just veins, it wouldn't be worth the energy spent, for the OV scanner and for the miner afterwords.)

Also, IC's mining laser is supposed to have some level of destruction which I don't like all that much.
---
Eventually everyone calms down, but not before a bank in Cleveland is held up by a man wielding only a stalk of asparagus.
#8meteor6666Posted 10/4/2012 5:56:57 PM
TC, you seem to be wrapped up in the build and mine aspect of minecraft. Try some pvp, minez, or mini game servers.
---
I have no friends.
#9NinjaKitsune(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 6:36:03 PM
what's minez? Also, I generally have found multiplayer for other games to be not-fun for me. Especially PvP.
---
Handy Guide to Modern Science: 1. If it's green or it wiggles, it's Biology.
2. If it stinks, it's Chemistry. 3. If it doesn't work, it's Physics.
#10meteor6666Posted 10/4/2012 7:45:37 PM
NinjaKitsune posted...
what's minez? Also, I generally have found multiplayer for other games to be not-fun for me. Especially PvP.

Well then minez is not for you.

Minez is based off of Dayz (an Arma 2 mod addition). It is a post apocalyptic world with zombies. You have the level bar represent thirst, the xp bar is zombie awareness of a player (affected by sneaking, running, walking, jumping). Inventory is limited by items that tend to stack up to 1 to 3 per slot (cookies 8). Rationing is severely important. Visibility distance is reduced by force (even on Rei's). Respawnable chests wi random loot. A vast world that does have a boundary. Very competitive and making a friend can make all the difference. Bandits hang out in towns often as well. A bandit has a red name (killed 5 players). A healer has a green name (someone who uses paper and dyes to heal others. 15 players I think).

Really nice concept for minecraft and more popular than hunger games since the servers are pretty much full 18/7. About 12 public servers and 10 private (private 3 has no pvp).
---
I have no friends.