VeteranCraft [McMMO][Residence][No Whilelist][iConomy]

#1GevousPosted 10/4/2012 9:02:58 PM(edited)
Introduction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9GEAuL1G98&feature=plcp

VeteranCraft is a completely legit (Absolutely no one, even staff, can spawn items, use World Edit to 'cheat', etc.), amazing server that has carefully chosen plugins, rules, and all other things to make sure that your experience is a great one.

When you join, you will be in Vetropolis, the capital city of Vetronia. Vetronia is a world that holds every necessity for the general Minecrafter, however if it doesn't give you what you want, we have other worlds as well.

Whether you like the simplicity of Minecraft without all of the mods, or the modded Minecraft with numerous new features, VeteranCraft is the place for you.

Server Info

-The website we use for all of our announcements and extra info, which is very useful, is http://www.veterancraft.net/.
-Our server uses no whitelist, so you can instantly hop on and play.
-The staff on this server are all very mature and carefully picked to make it so you do not feel abused.
-VeteranCraft's IP is: play.veterancraft.net.
-We have a dynamic map which the IP is: http://play.veterancraft.net:25566/.
-We have a huge world, but it isn't so big that we have lag.
-While we will not rollback a grief unless something huge happens, you have the plugin residence to protect your things which we have a guide for on our site.
-Ban appeals go in the Ban Appeal section of our forums.
-If the server goes down, check @veterancraft on twitter, our forums, or anything related to VeteranCraft.
-No rain, there are no benefits to having it.
-No PTP's, Residence TP's, warps, or any of that. Only /spawn and /home. However you can /sethome (name) to let you have three homes in all, one being where you last slept (/home bed).
-Donations gives access to many new commands and other things.
-We have people of all skills, such as coding, art, and more. However, we always can use more and us knowing your skills is definitely a good thing.
-Shillings are our form of money.
-Voting for us on our Minestatus page and other pages (found on the site) will give you 200 shillings in all. You can do this everyday, which I suggest doing!
-VeteranCraft was founded on June 22nd, 2011, however we are still not overly crowded and can give you that new feel.
-We have a Facebook page, Twitter page, and more for VeteranCraft.
-We have a Lore Wiki for the lore of the server.
-We want MATURE players.

Staff Members

http://www.veterancraft.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/VETERANCRAFT-STAFF-1024x761.png

Administrator

-Meatbawllz

Technicians

-Frelling
-Mudwog
-Hannahbrian

Public Relations

-Ryanpitts

Senior Moderators

-Emulated
-RikkidoSeph
-Bonzai728
-Jonthepope
-Ryanpitts
-Zenzar84
-Phunn

Junior Moderators

-Hledger
-Terrorisly
-Dalferes
-VonDredge

Do not post.
#2Gevous(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 9:02:02 PM(edited)
Rules

Building Rules

-Build at least 10 blocks away from any other structure unless you have permission.

-No 1◊1 towers over 3 blocks high, unless it is temporary scaffolding.

-Try to keep the wilderness looking as pretty as you found it. If you do clear-cut, replant, if you do strip-mine, cover the spot with soil.

-If you donít login to the server for 30 days, your buildings will be removed (Excludes contributors and people who have let us know of their absence).

-Donít build anything offensive (e.g. swastika).

-No unattended vehicles (e.g. minecarts and boats).

-No unattended redstone circuits are to be left on, especially complicated ones (this taxes RAM and causes lag).

-Donít cut half of a tree. Please remove all wood and replant.

-Do not build structures in the ocean or sky unless you have permission or your building is 5 blocks submerged.

-Do not destroy strongholds.

-Use common sense.

Rules That Give One Warning

-No excessive bad language or racism.

-Listen to staff, our staff are not here to be royalty or be above the other players, they are here to help keep order and help players.

-Donít spam the public chat.

-Donít ask for items unless you are asking for a donation for a building or something of that sort, staff canít spawn items.

-Donít be obnoxious.

-No complaining or suggesting changes in the public chat.

Instant Ban Rules

-No griefing. Griefing includes: (A) Breaking; (B) Flaming; (C) Lava Dumping; (D) Otherwise modifying structures or items that do not belong to you; (E) Placing blocks on or immediately near things that other people have built; (F) Stealing or ďborrowing without permission.Ē

-No cheating. This includes: (A) No Flying; (B) No speedhacking; (C) No x-raying or clear texture packs; (D) No item duping (duplicating items exploiting bugs); (E) No exploiting other bugs for unethical gain.

-No promoting other servers.

-No asking for permission to cheat.

-No begging to become staff. We will come to you if we think you should be a staff member. The best thing to do is just be a good player.

-Donít post nasty or negative reviews about VeteranCraft or its players. Weíre not going to waste our bandwidth and server resources on someone who is spreading bad things about us on 3rd party forums, so just know if you do it youíll be banned.

Plugins

-Essentials (Obvious reasons to have it)
-WorldEdit (To copy ships for ship portals, but the original ship is always legitimately built)
-WorldBorder (To keep the world the size it is)
-Residence (Protects your chests, buildings, etc. We also have a page for all of the commands and things you need to know on our site)
-iConomy (Makes it so you have money to buy things from shops and protect your residences/buy portals, etc.)
-McMMO (Gives you stats, just fun to have, but you don't have to use it if you don't want)
-MultiVerse (For ship portals and our multiple worlds)
-LocalShop (Simple shop plugin that lets you buy things from shops)
-HeroicDeath (Gives messages when people die)
-And more..

Screenshots

http://www.veterancraft.net/featuredimgs/feature3.jpg

http://www.veterancraft.net/featuredimgs/feature4.jpg

http://www.veterancraft.net/featuredimgs/feature5.jpg

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/472121_292321697522895_1556143335_o.jpg

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/412283_264019647019767_280090560_o.jpg

Conclusion

Thanks if you went through and read all of this. We can't wait to greet you ingame!

You may now post!
#3idapotatoPosted 10/6/2012 6:51:20 AM
So this server is awesome. Been on it for a month or so.
---
Confucius Say, man who runs in front of car gets tired.
GT: Rndhaus2tehface
#4infectablegamerPosted 10/6/2012 8:07:00 AM
Well, at first it was a great server, the admins are nice, the players are nice, but now this has all gone to hell, the senior moderators are still nice, the older players are still very friendly, but a couple of the newer moderators and alot of the new players are all dicks. I used to like the server and if it went down, I would stop playing minecraft all together. but not anymore I got banned yesterday for opening a freaking gate. Yes a god dam gate. And the idiot "VonDredge" "I sent you a PM in game and in the forums" Yeah, sure. Bull. Non staff people don't have the power to check in game mail. And of course he is lying about sending a PM in the forums."Not Obeying Staff".Obeying yeah he has this whole "respect my autority or il ban you" Kind of thinking. I remember while ago he jailed someone for caps-locking when they jumped of something, last time I checked caps-locking one freaking sentence wasn't overuse or being annoying...Well, that's my case and the dick wont even reply to me to be able to fix this whole crap about him lying just because he doesn't like me. "No class warfare" Yeah, bull. Freaking bull. Well, that's my problem with the server. So my suggestion, find another one stay the hell away from this one.
#5R3v3r3nD420Posted 10/6/2012 3:11:03 PM
Infect, if you're going to come on here and bash the server then you could at least
tell the truth about what happened.

You weren't banned for opening a gate. You were banned for killing the animals behind
the gate that didn't belong to you. The rules state pretty clearly that if you steal or grief
then you will be banned.

Also you forgot to mention that this wasn't the first time you've been banned, nor is it the
second time. This is the FOURTH time you were banned from the server.

Ban 1 - Foul language and inciting arguments in public chat
Ban 2 - Fighting with other people
Ban 3 - Xraying (Which you KNEW was a major No-No on the server)
Ban 4 - Killing animals that did not belong to you

So, it looks like the staff was more than fair in giving you a chance to play on the
server if you played by the rules. But time and time again you have thrown those
chances back in the face of everyone on the server.

In light of looking over the ban reports and seeing how often, and for what, your name
has popped up, then seeing this scathing report on the server, I must say...

GOOD RIDDANCE

BTW - This is StevoP80 on the server.

For anyone interested in this server, please don't let the words of someone who was
banned multiple times (and given numerous second chances) detract from your
interest in checking it out. VeteranCraft is a no-nonsense, mature server where people
are expected to follow the clearly posted rules.

I have been on the server for a couple of months now, and it has mostly been one of the
best experiences I have ever had in Minecraft.

As it says in the first couple of posts, there is no whitelist, so please feel free to check it
out and form your own opinion.
#6infectablegamerPosted 10/7/2012 6:22:31 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7Gevous(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2012 9:09:23 AM
infectablegamer posted...
Dumbass we all know you want to be on staff [NEWSFLASH] Not gonna happen stupid

I have lost all respect that I had for you now. You were banned for griefing another person's cows. Going into a rage after being banned FOUR times and getting off all those times (besides this one) is absolutely insane. If you play on our server happily and don't take the small amount of time to read the rules after being banned three times, then I can have no sympathy for you. The level of immaturity you are displaying is sad. Now please, make all of our lives easier and leave.
---
Owner of the account Blurninja, who was closed in an account bet. Mod on Veterancraft.net. #modlife
Minecraft: ryanpitts
#8hannahbrianPosted 10/7/2012 9:31:26 AM
Just logged on to say that I love playing on this server!
#9idapotatoPosted 10/7/2012 12:01:56 PM
lol Drama.

But also a perfect example of why I love this server. Rules are clear and simple, and very active moderating staff keep the riffraff out. If I wanted to deal with that... well I'll just say that is what Xbox Live is for. :P

Some of the friendliest folks around.
---
Confucius Say, man who runs in front of car gets tired.
GT: Rndhaus2tehface
#10LightWarriorKPosted 10/7/2012 4:57:01 PM
This is the ONLY public server I will play on, and I can't say enough great things about the staff or the way the server is run. It really is of the highest quality.

And, it's currently getting moved to a dedicated server, full of performance enhancements that will make it even better to play on.

And infectablegamer, I'm so disappointed. I hope you find a server more suited to your habits.

For those who can follow the rules, and who play Minecraft for the game, and wouldn't grief or steal, even if it were allowed, this is the server for you. There are tons of great players waiting for you!