Version 1.4 and pretty scary update.

#1herovenPosted 10/10/2012 12:04:47 PM
Here you can discuss what you think will be in the two new updates.

So, what do you guys think of heads? I thought that one was a little bit weird.
---
Come join the pikmin wars!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633263-pikmin-3/64161860
#2GastroidPosted 10/10/2012 12:47:32 PM(edited)
1.4 is the Pretty Scary Update.

As for heads, they themselves aren't too impressive. However, the hidden feature that Dinnerbone snuck in that allows the heads to have their textures and named changed is pretty big. Having your best friend's head over the mantel? Oh, oh yes.
---
Beserker II Mechroid
Horseman of the Apocalypse - Pestilence
#3meteor6666Posted 10/10/2012 12:37:59 PM
Gastroid posted...
1.4 is the Pretty Scary Update.

As for heads, they themselves aren't too impressive. However, the hidden feature that Dinnerbone snuck in that allows the heads to have their textures and named changed is pretty big. One head for every damage value? Oh, oh yes.

I thought heads were strictly blocks and hats, not customizable in any way but renaming. Where did retexturing come from? And would it show in smp as the texture you set?
---
I have no friends.
#4GastroidPosted 10/10/2012 12:45:16 PM(edited)
http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/zxn7u/its_apparently_my_cakeday_so_lets_cash_in_this/

I wouldn't call it retexturing more than stealing someone's face. You edit the NBT tag to match the desired playername, and it takes their skin from the Mojang database and displays it in your game (also giving the head their name). It's one of the perks of the SSP/SMP merge. It's also really creepy.
---
Alpha Gastroid
The Faux Protector
#5TuxedoCyanPosted 10/10/2012 12:46:22 PM
*pictures watching some let's play where a guy has a collection of female players heads all on display in a shrine*

Not creepy at all.
---
Like it or leave it. Hey, where are you going?
#6MarbiaachPosted 10/10/2012 12:47:26 PM
Well now we can actually hang moose heads over the fire-place while smoking from our pipes.
---
3DS FC: 2878 - 9988 - 2866
Currently awaiting: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Animal Crossing:JO, Pokemon Black 2, Fire Emblem:Awakening and Super Smash Bros 4.
#7riddlebox89Posted 10/10/2012 1:20:46 PM
TuxedoCyan posted...
*pictures watching some let's play where a guy has a collection of female players heads all on display in a shrine*

Not creepy at all.

Sounds like that one part in Sin City where Frodo keeps all the heads of the prostitutes he's eaten hung up on the wall.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#8Mac13ethPosted 10/10/2012 2:13:01 PM
Quick! Someone make a moose skin and a throw away ID to assign it to!
---
Sometimes I think I have gone mad, other times I just wish I had.
#9meteor6666Posted 10/10/2012 2:16:09 PM
Gastroid posted...
http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/zxn7u/its_apparently_my_cakeday_so_lets_cash_in_this/

I wouldn't call it retexturing more than stealing someone's face. You edit the NBT tag to match the desired playername, and it takes their skin from the Mojang database and displays it in your game (also giving the head their name). It's one of the perks of the SSP/SMP merge. It's also really creepy.

Oh that's cool. Thanks for the link.
---
I have no friends.