What type of Laptops would ya recommend for Minecraft?$800 recommended

#1zerooo0Posted 10/11/2012 11:38:08 PM
I'm getting a new Laptop soon, and I'm gonna try my best to get it to run Minecraft. My price range is gonna be, I know $800 and maybe $1000(Not real sure on the 1000) Going to College soon, so I'm taking it as an advantage to get a new laptop.(Since the one I have now, can barely play PS2/Early launch Xbox titles)
---
Godzilla is returning to theaters in 2014(May 16)
Rejoice fellow Godzilla fans
#2XX-XALBERTX-XXPosted 10/12/2012 12:44:07 AM
For that price range look in to Toshiba or Dell (and if you get the 1000 dollar limit depending on where you get it for and what their extended warranty offers 2 year extended generally runs about 150 and with laptops is WELL WORTH IT). I have an almost 3 year old toshiba that kicks minecraft's ass on max settings with the odd hiccup (mostly because the past few years the technology hasn't improved as much as say 6 or 7 years but the product has become cheaper to make). I really do like Toshiba, they are sturdy and make great gaming machines but so does Dell because their laptops use off the shelf parts. Easy to replace and powerful. Also their laptops are fairly good quality rather than 10 years ago (their PCs are still absolute poop but their laptops have gotten very good).

DO NOT BUY ACER!!!

That is all.
---
Poke White FC : 3868 7330 4814
"All I know is that it was slimy and it had lotsa teeth."-Church, Red VS Blue
#3Dissius1Posted 10/12/2012 5:25:47 AM
Have to agree with Albert. If money wasn't an issue I'd suggest looking into a ASUS (not acer) lappy. They too have good ones though some tend to be expensive.
---
Plain Ole Fox-Man
"Hate me, but do it honestly."
#4VdashonePosted 10/12/2012 5:52:10 AM
A desktop.
---
Pony should pony pony
#5Mac13ethPosted 10/12/2012 6:28:00 AM
Sager has a few in that price range. Sager uses a lot of the same suppliers as Alienware, so you get much higher quality than you might expect from an unknown brand.

http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.php?page=category_browse&selected_cat=9
---
Sometimes I think I have gone mad, other times I just wish I had.
#6Dissius1Posted 10/12/2012 6:32:18 AM
Vdashone posted...
A desktop.

I do believe he was asking for advice on a laptop. Equipment designed to be able to travel with its user. I know such things must be foreign to you but they indeed are much different than a desktop.
---
Plain Ole Fox-Man
"Hate me, but do it honestly."
#7zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2012 7:36:39 AM
Thanks for the advice everyone. I have a Toshiba right now.(Cheap old one) I was hoping to venture out into other laptops, but I liked it. So Toshiba or Dell then.

Also I hate Acers also. My Highschool(I'm a Senior) uses them, and UGH. They freeze up all the time. Especially during my AutoCad class which isn't good.
---
Godzilla is returning to theaters in 2014(May 16)
Rejoice fellow Godzilla fans
#8eragonman9Posted 10/12/2012 8:04:03 AM
I have an HP Pavillion g6, which runs Minecraft on max settings at 45fps.
---
*poke*
*jiggle*
#9MachEvolutionPosted 10/12/2012 10:24:49 AM
My sister has an older Toshiba with an AMD E-350 APU and she's managed to get Minecraft running on it. With that in mind, pretty much any laptop above $400 will run Minecraft, of course the more you spend the better performance you get.
#10ISendOutMarioPosted 10/12/2012 11:27:32 AM
XX-XALBERTX-XX posted...

DO NOT BUY ACER!!!

That is all.

Dude I totally have an Acer right now.... and I'd have to agree, don't get an acer lol
---
Mario!! I choose you!!! * wah-hah!!* Use PWN!!