Can you have more than one world on SMP?

#1LorthremarPosted 10/18/2012 5:52:46 PM
I'm not talking about bukkit; the server I'm running isn't bukkit at all.

I'd like to include more than one world on the server, but every time I've googled it, all it brought up was people talking about bukkit. I want to use more than one at a time, meaning I pretty much want an SMP Multiverse.
---
1. No one f***ing asked.
2. Wrong board, Holmes >_>
#2derp420Posted 10/18/2012 5:57:21 PM
You could look into Mystcraft. It allows creation of and travel between any number of custom worlds.
---
www.cracked.com/phpimages/photoshop/1/8/3/3183_slide.gif
http://i.imgur.com/NlUVU.gif
#3Lorthremar(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2012 5:58:45 PM
derp420 posted...
You could look into Mystcraft. It allows creation of and travel between any number of custom worlds.

Yeah, that's a good idea. Mainly what I mean is someway I can use adventure maps and still have our main world, also.
---
1. No one f***ing asked.
#4raroo77Posted 10/18/2012 6:52:52 PM
Well why not just install bukkit? there isn't a single way that the standard mcserver is better than it. unless bukkit hasn't updated yet which im not sure of.
---
Intel i7-2600@3.4Ghz-8GB1333Mhz-NvidiaGTX590
#5Lorthremar(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2012 1:17:51 PM
raroo77 posted...
Well why not just install bukkit? there isn't a single way that the standard mcserver is better than it. unless bukkit hasn't updated yet which im not sure of.

There are many, many ways that a standard server is better. Show me your bukkit 1.3.2 server running Extrabiomes XL, Pam's Mods, (soon-to-be) Mo' Creatures, and many other mods.
---
1. No one f***ing asked.
#6TStoddenPosted 10/19/2012 1:35:57 PM
While I'm uncertain how to properly implement it, but bukkit servers do have the capability of supporting cross-world (or cross-server) connections, so players can change worlds within a designated group without having to manually log into those servers.

There's also some bukkit add-ons to allow some inventory items to be stored & access off-server as well... as the online server I play on has 10 servers & a "Player's Vault" there players can store items while their on one server & retrieve items on another server in their network. Granted they also have implemented a throttling mechanism (charging players a fee of server currency) to limit abuse of the system, but cross-server stuff can be done.
---
~TStodden
Game Monkey likes you...
#7Lorthremar(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2012 1:37:51 PM
TStodden posted...
While I'm uncertain how to properly implement it, but bukkit servers do have the capability of supporting cross-world (or cross-server) connections, so players can change worlds within a designated group without having to manually log into those servers.

There's also some bukkit add-ons to allow some inventory items to be stored & access off-server as well... as the online server I play on has 10 servers & a "Player's Vault" there players can store items while their on one server & retrieve items on another server in their network. Granted they also have implemented a throttling mechanism (charging players a fee of server currency) to limit abuse of the system, but cross-server stuff can be done.

I know that bukkit can do this; it's called Multiverse. I'm asking specifically for SMP.
---
1. No one f***ing asked.
#8funkedelikePosted 10/19/2012 1:48:32 PM
You could just change the name of the world in properties file, which will generate a new one. You would just have to manually restart the server when you wanted to change worlds, and inventories and such would not be retained.
---
PSN: boozinator23
Steam/LoL/Minecraft: Funkedelike