Monsters really scare me... Advices ?

#1IzualUrashimaPosted 10/28/2012 9:58:38 AM
inb4 "go play peaceful"

Yeah, it may sound silly, but I'm genuinely scared by monsters (except Zombies, for some odd reason). The single prospect of fighting a Creeper or a Skeleton scares me, and that may be why I spend most of my Minecraft time on Peaceful. The thing is, doing so forces me to miss a lot of interesting points in Minecraft, and thus, I want to overcome this fear.

So, does anyone has any ideas about how could I do so ? Thanks in advance.
---
Married my waifu : http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/6082/certifiateizuryou.jpg
Official Xenomart of the Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Board
#2neb555Posted 10/28/2012 10:00:31 AM
Torches. Torches everywhere.
---
see quote
#3RafNastyPosted 10/28/2012 10:01:15 AM
Bow n arrows.
---
GamerTag: RazorRaf
I remember the good ol' video games days when extra content was unlocked and not paid for..
#4DragonFantasyPosted 10/28/2012 10:15:46 AM
Lava. Lava everywhere.
---
If we were all still trees, there'd be no more wars. 'Cause we'd be trees. ~Little kid from Kolima, Golden Sun
#5TuxedoCyanPosted 10/28/2012 10:17:40 AM
Just play a lot. I used to be scared of this game too, caving etc. I still get jumpy sometimes, but you just have to play a lot, remember it's just a game, don't care about dying so much, etc.

A good way to get used to mobs is to play a super hostile map by vechs (adventure/survival custom map). You have to constantly fight mobs to the point that once you complete the map, going back to vanilla survival is like returning from a hellish war zone back to your peaceful friendly country.
---
Like it or leave it. Hey, where are you going?
#6NykzaPosted 10/28/2012 10:50:39 AM
Go make a creative superflat world with cheats, build a small house (preferably made out of obsidian or bedrock) with chests, bed, etc. and fill the chest up with only swords of different types and food. Leave out wood if you want.
Then switch the game to survival (using the cheats) and go out there with only some food and a few swords (4 stone, 2 iron or 1 diamond) and fight until you drop. But don't just go at them clicking like a mad man. Fight them the same way you fight zombies.

Vs creepers: If it's about to blow up right in front of you hit it once while holding down the down button and if you feel you'll still get hit, guard. If you see it on the edge of your screen next to you, double tap the forward button. Hear it behind you? Double tap the forward button and maybe turn around and guard if you think you reacted slowly.
If you see one in the distance and the area is flat, run then hit it to knock it back.

Vs skeletons: Avoid straight on fights. If you don't have the space to dodge to the right or left then quickly put something in its (or the arrow's) path. A single skeleton is easy, once it fires an arrow it takes a bit of time to reload so use this time to get close to it and start whacking it apart (bonus points if you include jumps to get criticals).
Vs multiple skeletons: Fight carefully, don't engage without thinking. Unless you're one of the many scrubs who use armour which is so OP.

Vs spiders: Predict their jumps. They're faster zombies.

Maybe even make a room with a monster dispenser.

You'll probably never get over creepers sudden dropping down from a higher place in a cave though.

None of the advice applies if you use armour or enchantments. If you have those just whack whack whack.
---
http://i.imgur.com/w2Ni4.jpg
#7SaintZetsuPosted 10/28/2012 11:30:56 AM
Make a life-size paper mache creeper and beat the **** out o fit.
---
"When your wallet is ashes, then you will have my permission to die."-Tetsuya Nomura
#8IzualUrashima(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2012 1:02:09 PM
neb555, RafNasty and DragonFantasy : Those solutions does work, true, but they have their limits.

TuxedoCyan : I play it since 1.7, and I haven't overcame it. Also, I'll try your idea of adventure maps and things like that. It may work.

Nykza : I tried something like that, but even as I can manage the mobs rather correctly (Once managed 3 Creepers at the same time... While wetting my pants xD), I can't get rid of that fear taking hold of me and forcing me to completely stop the monsters' spawning. Thanks for the advices, though.
---
Married my waifu : http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/6082/certifiateizuryou.jpg
Official Xenomart of the Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Board
#9DragonFantasyPosted 10/28/2012 1:09:44 PM
IzualUrashima posted...
neb555, RafNasty and DragonFantasy : Those solutions does work, true, but they have their limits.

TuxedoCyan : I play it since 1.7, and I haven't overcame it. Also, I'll try your idea of adventure maps and things like that. It may work.

Nykza : I tried something like that, but even as I can manage the mobs rather correctly (Once managed 3 Creepers at the same time... While wetting my pants xD), I can't get rid of that fear taking hold of me and forcing me to completely stop the monsters' spawning. Thanks for the advices, though.

So closure doesn't work.....Then maybe get a texture pack to make all the mobs look less scary?
---
If we were all still trees, there'd be no more wars. 'Cause we'd be trees. ~Little kid from Kolima, Golden Sun
#10BigTee66Posted 10/28/2012 1:14:26 PM
Fear of the unknown, youll get over it soon
---
http://i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff323/82magazine/TeamBuilder/usafblogo-1.png http://www.dj-big-t.de/bigt/pics/big-t.jpg