so witches dont need witch huts to spawn in?

#1Retro_CuddlesPosted 10/30/2012 6:03:58 AM
guy on my server. he found a desert pyramid which was half in the desert half in the swamp. at night witches spawn on top of it. i was under the impression that they could only spawn in the huts.
---
R.I.P Ryan Dunn
Proud to know my Great Grandfather was in the British SAS
#2Mr HangmanPosted 10/30/2012 6:44:08 AM
Interesting... I think jungle temples, pyramids, and witch huts are all related. The game picks some locations to try to generate those structures, and if it's a jungle, desert, or swamp then it creates the corresponding structure. When the game tries to spawn a mob, it doesn't just check the biome, it also checks whether it's in the bounding box of any generated structures. This is how whither skeletons spawn in nether fortresses. I suppose jungle temples and pyramids must also have the same spawn list, but since they aren't also in a swamp, normally it does nothing.

And just to clarify, it's not the witch hut structure itself that allows witches to spawn, its the space that it's generated in. You can tear it down and build a different structure there, and witches could still spawn there.
---
What senses do we lack that we cannot see and cannot hear another world all around us? -Dune
#3zero_x300Posted 10/30/2012 11:41:41 AM
If you destroy a witch hut, they still spawn. My guess is that a hut was supposed to spawn there, but the temple spawned over it instead.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaKAomQTLbc