Can I find wild carrots and potatoes?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft
  3. Can I find wild carrots and potatoes?
4 years ago#1
I'm starting up for the first time since the update, and I'm wondering what the method is for getting carrots and potatoes. If need be, I'll steal some from my villagers.
http://www.magxone.com/uploads/2011/02/Michelle-Trachtenberg-Maxim-3.jpg
The incomparable Michelle Trachtenberg
4 years ago#2
Zombies will very rarely drop both Carrots and Potatoes. However, unless you have a mob grinder, don't expect to get a lot from them that way. It's best to just steal a few from your Villagers, and replace them later if you have goodness in your heart.
Mechroid Quanta
Third Generation Mech Unit Series
4 years ago#3
They can be found in jungles, villages and from zombies.
Proud to be EPic.
Those whose memories fade seek to carve them in their hearts...
4 years ago#4
Harvesting carrots gives you like 2-3 so you can take some from them and replant on the spot. That's how I did since it's the easiest way to come by them.
There are 10 types of people in the world: those that know binary and those that don't.
4 years ago#5
From: Nintendude128 | Posted: 11/11/2012 1:41:50 AM | #003
They can be found in jungles, villages and from zombies.

One of these days I hope to find carrots in a jungle. I know they're out there, somewhere, but are probably hidden underneath leaves or something. Jungle grass and jungle tree leaves are of such a rich green color that it's really hard for me to find small green leaves growing out of the ground.
Alpha Gastroid
The Faux Protector
4 years ago#6
A few days later I was watching videos and decided to let the zombies accumulate on my grinder. After a while there were ~500 in the pit. Killed them all and got ONLY ONE POTATO.
http://www.last.fm/user/moonra-zk
"Gordon Freeman can cure cancer by performing a dance number/ultimate Frisbee game with Link." - i_m_me
4 years ago#7
One potato is all you need though xD
Black FC (Brian) 4856-5801-1509 HG FC (Brian)- 0904-5238-6611
ETS services/Total Services 16/30 - PBSG Badges: 10 :D Ice Gym 6-4 - Normal Gym 8-1 Champ 1-0
4 years ago#8
In Soviet Union, no one have two potato.
http://www.magxone.com/uploads/2011/02/Michelle-Trachtenberg-Maxim-3.jpg
The incomparable Michelle Trachtenberg
4 years ago#9
Can anyone comment on how frequently carrots and potatoes spawn in new villages? The person in charge of my server added a village mod and all the villages I've seen (about 4) haven't had any new veggies. I'm concerned that the mod is causing an issue.
4 years ago#10
I started a 1.4.2 world and have come across two desert villages with wheat/carrot/potato farms.

So that's 2/2 so far for me.
i7 3930k @ 4.0 // Zotac GTX 680 2-way SLi // 2x Crucial 256GB SDD in RAID 0 // ASUS 23" 120Hz Monitor
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft
  3. Can I find wild carrots and potatoes?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived