industrial craft and rail craft compatibility

#1SCGhost2424Posted 11/18/2012 8:12:59 PM
Maybe this is not the place to ask but does anyone know how compatible is industrial craft to rail craft? Like can i power rail craft machines with electricity from industrial craft? I would test this myself but im stuck at work.

Lastly, is there a way to re create a world so u can add new ores from mods without losing everything u have build? Or u dont need to create a new world at all?
#2funkedelikePosted 11/18/2012 8:15:07 PM
There may be a third party mod that enables this, as there are with a lot of mods that use similar mechanics. I don't have any specific information, however.
---
PSN: boozinator23
Steam/LoL/Minecraft: Funkedelike
#3lavarathanPosted 11/18/2012 8:30:24 PM(edited)
Not directly. Railcraft needs Buildcraft's MJ (Minecraft Joules) to work. You would need to install Forestry. Then use an electrical engine to convert IC2's EU to MJ. In newer versions of Railcraft there are engines that provide MJ for this so Buildcraft is not required.

Edit: Answer to 2nd question. There is always Mystcraft if you do not want to explore new areas beyond what you have explored. Other than that I'd stay away from things that promise this unless it is from the mod developer.
#4SCGhost2424(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 9:28:48 PM
I see. Hmm so basically i still should install buildcraft? I became familiar with industrial craft power system so i i didn't want to install other mods that would change that.

Im not sure i understand.. If i install a mod that adds new ore, i can find these ores if i just move really far from my starting point? Aeg.... Maybe i should just start a new map... It sucks if i have to do that for every mod i decide to use.....

Thanks a lot though, I'll look up the mods u mentioned
#5ultimateballoonPosted 11/18/2012 9:34:41 PM
If you wander far enough out of what you've already explored, the new content will generate, but anywhere you've already explored will not contain any of the new stuff.
---
Quick! Everyone complain!
#6SCGhost2424(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 9:38:11 PM
Cool! Then i shall no longer fear mods that add now ore and stuff! Thanks!
#7pegusus123456Posted 11/18/2012 9:41:29 PM
Not directly. Railcraft needs Buildcraft's MJ (Minecraft Joules) to work. You would need to install Forestry. Then use an electrical engine to convert IC2's EU to MJ. In newer versions of Railcraft there are engines that provide MJ for this so Buildcraft is not required.

If he's playing Tekkit rather than just the mods themselves, the Energy Link will do the same thing without needing Forestry.

Or maybe the Energy Link is in the current versions, I dunno.
---
http://i.imgur.com/YpDcv.gif
http://i.imgur.com/Er6TT.gif
#8pstwoorbustPosted 11/18/2012 9:42:31 PM
If your going to install mods and are considering creating a new world, you could use Feed The Beast. Updated to minecraft 1.4.2, and has quite a few "technical" mods, including: (There are a few that are not added, but will be as soon as they are updated, I I may have missed a Soon to be added one, but you get the point)

Buildcraft 3
Railcraft
Forestry
Steve's carts
Portal gun
Ender storage
Redpower <SOON TO BE ADDED
EE3 <SOON TO BE ADDED
NEI
Extra BiomesXL
Tubestuff
Secret rooms
Greg's lighting
Industrialcraft
Computer Craft
Wireless redstone
Mystcraft
Rei's Minimap
Iron chests
---
This is minecraft. Why would u want 2 deal with uneven terrain? If you don't like the lay of the land, you punch it until it shapes the f*** up. l33t_ninj4_1337
#9SCGhost2424(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 10:04:32 PM
Ern.. I only industrial craft anf rail craft installed... It took me a while to get used to the recipes of industrial craft alone... If i install haft whats on that list i won't even actually "play" for Weeks looking up recipes and stuff lol. But thanks, i need to at least get these two mods working.....
#10KiddKoruptPosted 11/19/2012 1:23:35 AM
SCGhost2424 posted...
Ern.. I only industrial craft anf rail craft installed... It took me a while to get used to the recipes of industrial craft alone... If i install haft whats on that list i won't even actually "play" for Weeks looking up recipes and stuff lol. But thanks, i need to at least get these two mods working.....

NEI (a successor to TooManyItems) has a Recipe mode. You can look up the recipe for any item in-game. You won't need to scour the internet for the recipes (if that is what you meant. I may be misunderstanding.)
---
http://www.reverbnation.com/the570killa