Expanding NPC village to access Priest trades?

#1Cecil255Posted 11/27/2012 12:35:18 PM
We found an NPC village in our SMP game, but there was no priest or librarian, and priest was the type I was most interested in trading with.

If you expand an NPC village, is it possible to gain access to the Librarian or Priest type despite the NPC village not originally having a library/church? Is the type of any new NPCs that spawn random? Any and all info appreciated.
#2hotrodneptune32Posted 11/27/2012 1:08:57 PM
Yes. The offspring of villagers is randomly determined, not limited to the parents' profession(s).
---
PKMN Black FC: 2237 3659 0319
PKMN White 2 FC: 1120 8434 5851
#3Cecil255(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 1:39:05 PM
Thank you!!! ^_^

Looking forward to working on expanding then...
#4ISendOutMarioPosted 11/27/2012 2:00:32 PM
But you should know that expanding an NPC village can be a hassle at times. For every 3 houses that they recognize, their total minimum population only raises by one, and since the village usually spawns with more than their minimum, it can take time for you to make the houses, especially if you want them to look pretty, which I do.
---
They say that ignorance is bliss. I'd have to agree in most cases.
#5MedievalWar132Posted 11/27/2012 2:29:55 PM
But you should know that expanding an NPC village can be a hassle at times. For every 3 houses that they recognize, their total minimum population only raises by one, and since the village usually spawns with more than their minimum, it can take time for you to make the houses, especially if you want them to look pretty, which I do.

No it's for every three DOORS, not houses. So making houses with multiple doors is the easiest way.
---
XBL: Eviscerator465
Minecraft: Gbeaune6770
#6ISendOutMarioPosted 11/27/2012 3:31:50 PM
MedievalWar132 posted...

No it's for every three DOORS, not houses. So making houses with multiple doors is the easiest way.

Oh yah, right. I forgot about that because whenever I make houses for the villagers I only use one door. anything else would feel like cheating.
---
#7Cecil255(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2012 3:51:38 PM
Thanks for more information, good to know.
#8CerebornPosted 11/27/2012 8:44:54 PM
MedievalWar132 posted...

Oh yah, right. I forgot about that because whenever I make houses for the villagers I only use one door. anything else would feel like cheating.

You realise that most houses in real life have at least two doors, right?
---
http://img4.celebscentral.net/images/users/1/201109/michelle-trachtenberg-maxim-mag-march-2011-14.jpg
#9ISendOutMarioPosted 11/27/2012 8:57:16 PM
But not the ones that the village already has. I like to add authentic houses.
---
#10AROCK86Posted 11/28/2012 6:07:53 AM
You could just heal the zombie villagers that randomly spawn. I've got a couple of priests and librarians this way.
---
[OF] Mini Mii
Video Games: the only reason you get out of bed every afternoon.