Optifine for FTB?

#1cowboys4ever17Posted 12/3/2012 4:03:55 PM
Just curious as to how you install Optifine for FTB, and which version of Optifine it would be. My PC can't handle normal Minecraft without Optifine, much less FTB.
---
"Don't worry, we're Methodists"
-My friend
#2Radiant_Sol12Posted 12/3/2012 4:17:09 PM
If it can't handle vanilla Minecraft, then FTB doesn't sound like it's for you.
---
"If the Illusive Man was voice by Charlie instead of Martin he'd be snorting coke off Miranda's ass." -Revan73
GT: Radiant Sol
#3HorithPosted 12/3/2012 4:27:52 PM
Google is your friend.

http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/how-to-install-optifine-for-feed-the-beast/

That said, my computer has a difficult time with Minecraft without Optifine. It's not impossible to play, but I won't get above ~10 FPS most of the time. With Optifine, I'll get about 15-20 FPS most of the time in populated areas, and about 25-30 in other areas. I've been playing Feed the Beast a little bit, and while I'm sure I'll run into some trouble with some really complicated machinery, for now, it seems to be running fine. A little slower than usual, but not too bad. You might have issues, but Optifine will definitely help, and as the video shows, really easy to install.

Just make sure you have Optifine for version 1.4.2, as Feed the Beast uses that jar version at the moment.
---
"Now when I tell you to ascend to a higher plane of consciousness, you say HOW HIGH SIR?" --Bucky Katt
#4cowboys4ever17(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 4:36:22 PM
Horith posted...
Google is your friend.

http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/how-to-install-optifine-for-feed-the-beast/

That said, my computer has a difficult time with Minecraft without Optifine. It's not impossible to play, but I won't get above ~10 FPS most of the time. With Optifine, I'll get about 15-20 FPS most of the time in populated areas, and about 25-30 in other areas. I've been playing Feed the Beast a little bit, and while I'm sure I'll run into some trouble with some really complicated machinery, for now, it seems to be running fine. A little slower than usual, but not too bad. You might have issues, but Optifine will definitely help, and as the video shows, really easy to install.

Just make sure you have Optifine for version 1.4.2, as Feed the Beast uses that jar version at the moment.

Ok, thanks. I slightly exaggerated, because my computer can run vanilla Minecraft at 20 FPS on tiny w/o Optifine, but it's a lot better with it.My PC can run Technic at 30 FPS, so I can't see why FTB would be much different FPS-wise.
---
"Don't worry, we're Methodists"
-My friend
#5HorithPosted 12/3/2012 4:44:51 PM
Yeah, if that's the case, you'll be fine. I usually run at Short getting about 10-15 without Optifine, and the rates I get with Optifine are on Normal. Amazing how much it helps.

Also, have fun! I've only barely started FtB, and I'm just having a blast discovering new ores. I just wish I hadn't lost my first map already. I found a huge vein of silver, which while giving me a lot, I hear are somewhat rare.
---
"Now when I tell you to ascend to a higher plane of consciousness, you say HOW HIGH SIR?" --Bucky Katt