Getting stone out of electric furnace - impossible ? (FTB)

#11Sxmfct(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 2:44:01 AM
funkedelike posted...
I don't understand how deleting the world solved or would solve anything

I was angry, do I regret it now? Of course! It's like those people who launch controllers at the wall when frustrated. At least I didn't cause any property damage :D
#12AzcatrazPosted 12/27/2012 9:26:25 AM
diamond weapon posted...
Does FTB not have the overclocker upgrades or something?

It does, but I know induction furnaces can't use them, so there's a good chance electro furnaces can't either.
---
internets++;
}
#13pegusus123456Posted 12/27/2012 10:55:19 AM
diamond weapon posted...
Does FTB not have the overclocker upgrades or something?

It does, but I know induction furnaces can't use them, so there's a good chance electro furnaces can't either.

Induction furnaces can't use them because of the way they specifically work; electric furnaces are basically just really fast furnaces powered by EU.

I think the problem was maybe they're not cooking them too fast.

I don't think that's your problem. I'm by no means an expert, but I've never had something pumped out of a furnaces input and it also just doesn't make sense: you're meant to put in large amounts of ores and the like and there's going to be a point when the engine pumps out when there's nothing there.

I find it way more likely that somewhere along the line, you had a misplaced pipe. Either connecting to the wrong side of the furnace or the input pipes were connected to the output pipe somewhere.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8DblO.gif
http://i.imgur.com/Er6TT.gif
#14tinfoil21Posted 12/27/2012 11:11:00 AM
Sxmfct posted...
funkedelike posted...
I don't understand how deleting the world solved or would solve anything

I was angry, do I regret it now? Of course! It's like those people who launch controllers at the wall when frustrated. At least I didn't cause any property damage :D

I guess. :P

I still don't understand why people would do either. :/
---
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? You're a mile away and have his shoes.
#15Sxmfct(Topic Creator)Posted 12/27/2012 11:26:05 AM
Sorted it :D

Induction furnace with input pipe on top, output pipe (wooden) on side with engine
#16moonrazkPosted 12/27/2012 2:10:42 PM
The problem with using pipes to feed an Induction Furnace is that you'll either have to pump items in too fast, to be able to fill both smelting slots or only smelt one item at a time. If you input faster than it smelts, it will eventually overflow and you'll lose items [assuming there's nothing near to suck them up], but if you don't, you'll waste energy 'cause you'll be only smelting one item at a time.
I think Hoppers on top of the Furnace would help. But there's no perfect solution, you'll either input too fast or too slow, unless you miraculously find a perfect balance and manage to input at the exact speed.

I spent about 2 hours making a huge geothermal generator area, over 100 electric furnaces and a giant quarry.

Were you using a BC Quarry? How many?
---
http://www.last.fm/user/moonra-zk
"Gordon Freeman can cure cancer by performing a dance number/ultimate Frisbee game with Link." - i_m_me
#17the_rowanPosted 12/27/2012 3:36:02 PM
moonrazk posted...
The problem with using pipes to feed an Induction Furnace is that you'll either have to pump items in too fast, to be able to fill both smelting slots or only smelt one item at a time. If you input faster than it smelts, it will eventually overflow and you'll lose items [assuming there's nothing near to suck them up], but if you don't, you'll waste energy 'cause you'll be only smelting one item at a time.
I think Hoppers on top of the Furnace would help. But there's no perfect solution, you'll either input too fast or too slow, unless you miraculously find a perfect balance and manage to input at the exact speed.

If you apply a redstone signal to an induction furnace, it will stay hot forever at the ridiculously low cost of 1 EU/t.
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
#18moonrazkPosted 12/27/2012 5:41:48 PM
If you apply a redstone signal to an induction furnace, it will stay hot forever at the ridiculously low cost of 1 EU/t.

Hm? I know that.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/moonra-zk
"Gordon Freeman can cure cancer by performing a dance number/ultimate Frisbee game with Link." - i_m_me
#19the_rowanPosted 12/27/2012 7:46:29 PM
Oh, I misinterpreted your problem, thinking you meant you had to keep something in it or it would cool. The answer's still easy though--just pull two cobble at a time using either two separate wooden pipes on the same kind of engine or some other solution. If induction furnaces always totally fill one slot before the other, you might have to use some kind of buffer to get two stacks of 64 at a time. I don't know much about Buildcraft, but Redpower has multiple easy ways to do this, and AFAIK every FTB mod has updated to 1.4.6 now, so if you manually updated you could use that too.
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
#20TuxedoCyanPosted 12/27/2012 7:55:11 PM
the_rowan posted...
AFAIK every FTB mod has updated to 1.4.6 now

Only the mindcrack and direwolf20 packs are on 1.4.6. Everything else is still 1.4.5 or 1.4.2 and don't have redpower2.
---
Like it or leave it. Hey, where are you going?