Minecraft Nations [PvP] [Factions] [Large Scale Warfare] [Teamspeak Reccomended]

#1TalentedMPosted 12/31/2012 10:53:41 PM(edited)
We are looking for mature and dedicated players.

Server IP: n.minecraftnations.com
Teamspeak IP: minecraftnations.com

What is Minecraft Nations?

Minecraft Nations is the Ultimate Warfare Experience. Its official launch was in 2010. We are one of the first large scale nation/faction PvP servers. We currently have custom plugins in development to give a enhanced and unique experience on the server.

First and foremost Minecraft Nations is based on leadership and teamwork in and out of the game. As a server and as a community. We pride ourselves in knowing we have some of the best around.

When you join our community make sure to be active on the forums and in game. Were all pretty tight knit and would like our new players to embrace that as well.

Take the time to read below on more in-depth mechanics of the server. We hope you decide to make Minecraft Nations your final home as many people have since 2010.

Ultimate Warfare Experience

Fight as a Nation

Minecraft Nations is the best experience you can have in Team Oriented PvP. Players will gather into nations led by the players they choose or the players that simply take charge.

Nations led by players will fight over resources and land. This server is not for the ones who like to cower or fear. This server is for the ones who want a challenge, massive battles, and war on a global scale.

Fight as an Individual

You do not need to be in a nation to experience the depth of the server, but it is definitely one of our focuses and highly recommended. If you choose the path of an individual your life on the server will be harsh, but not impossible.

Server Mechanics

Nation System: Nations are organized groups with strong leadership and excellent teamwork. They will be required to participate in each weekly server-wide wars. Nations will get recruitment assistance through our advertisements if they meet the requirements for Official Nations. All nations have to be at least 1000 blocks away from spawn, and at least 200 blocks away from each other.

Mining System (INDEV): In addition to the standard ores, there will be large mineral veins in hotspots on the map. The reason for this is these mineral veins will be targets for nation control. Since there are a limited amount of veins, nations will have to fight over them if they want the advantage of having a plentiful mine.

Conquest System(INDEV): During the server-wide wars capitals and outpost cities or mineral veins, are vulnerable to capture. When a nation captures it, they will both own the land and receive a nation bonus for the land captured.

Global PVP: PvP is always on and you will always be at risk wherever you are except at spawn city.

Mob Drops: Mobs will have a chance to drop additional random items and money.

Emerald Economy System: With physical money players can actually lose their currency. Money is gained through mobs, warfare, trading, and events.

Server Rules

Be courteous and respectful towards players in game and out of game. For when there is a quarrel in game, please try to solve it out player to player and without confrontation.

We don't allow cheaters/hackers/spamming/griefing of protected zones or mistreatment of any kind.

Apply To Minecraft Nations

Follow the link below and apply to join in. No whitelist at the moment but there will be soon, check out the server while you can freely and interact with people but follow the rules!
#2TalentedM(Topic Creator)Posted 12/31/2012 10:58:15 PM(edited)
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/104718-minecraft-nations-pvp-factions-large-scale-warfare-teamspeak-reccomended-active-community-responsible-staff/

Sorry, couldn't fit it in the other post. Use that link to post an application. Like it says it isn't locked right now and there are protected areas and nations being built, you can join and check it out and read our forums at the website about the server as well.

It is a great group of people!

Also, if pvp/nations is not your thing anymore we also have a busy creative plot server averaging 30 players online @ c.minecraftnations.com

If you applied please bump this thread as well, we are looking for more stable players, if this intrests you at all please check it out!

(I originally had a shortened link, but I think GameFAQs doesn't like people doing that. So there is the long one.)
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#3meteor6666Posted 1/1/2013 12:33:29 AM
I would not be able to play here due to my time restrictions, but a few of my friends may depending on this one question.

Are withers allowed to be used to destroy obsidian faction bases?
---
I have no friends.
#4TalentedM(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2013 12:39:34 AM(edited)
I am not sure if the explosion damage from it being summoned/fought/it just running around will break blocks guarded, I know right now creeper damage is shut off and if this is a problem I am sure that damage can be avoided as well.

Though I am not entirely sure and is a great question! As far as I know, yes. But it could be disabled - I don't run the server I am just spreading the word that it is back, but I will ask and get back to this thread.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#5meteor6666Posted 1/1/2013 12:43:22 AM
TalentedM posted...
I am not sure if the explosion damage from it being summoned will break blocks guarded, I know right now creeper damage is shut off and if this is a problem I am sure that damage can be avoided as well.

Though I am not entirely sure and is a great question! As far as I know, yes. But it could be disabled - I don't run the server I am just spreading the word that it is back, but I will ask and get back to this thread.

Well me and my friends both agree that nothing is worth protecting with faction land if withers can just blow up your base from hard earned countless obsidian. Even if people do have an obsidian fortress, at some point they must come out and obtain resources or pvp for stuff/fun. Wither explosions do not break obsidian but their bomb shots do (and they chase people everywhere so just walk up to the obsidian walls and...).

But either way I would love to join but my free time is so little. What free time does the average player have here? How many players on average? How many nations are there? How many players does each nation have? Are there any people playing as a one man faction? If yes, are they doing well? How often are events done and what kinds are there?
---
I have no friends.
#6TalentedM(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2013 12:53:11 AM
meteor6666 posted...

Well me and my friends both agree that nothing is worth protecting with faction land if withers can just blow up your base from hard earned countless obsidian. Even if people do have an obsidian fortress, at some point they must come out and obtain resources or pvp for stuff/fun. Wither explosions do not break obsidian but their bomb shots do (and they chase people everywhere so just walk up to the obsidian walls and...).

Totally agree, posted the question on our forums. Will definitely be something to discuss I am sure.

But either way I would love to join but my free time is so little. What free time does the average player have here? How many players on average? How many nations are there? How many players does each nation have? Are there any people playing as a one man faction? If yes, are they doing well? How often are events done and what kinds are there?

Average player free time: Probobly the weekends and maybe a couple hours.

Average players active is 20

There are I think 5 nations at the moment and you can make your own or be individual.

Some lower nations just starting have 7, some have 20(ish)

One man faction, I assume you mean NAI or Individuals I guess they are called now. Usually they do ok, but you are always being hunted and are always prey. I was one for a long time and I was able to keep my stuff hidden for a really long time, a month or 2 untill someone finally found me.

More events are coming, as of right now I only know of the weekend wars between the nations where each compete and drop world guard to take over property. Other than that I know there is more in the works and we should have it all fleshed out. What we have now is what I posted for sure there is more to come. Before we had all sorts of different events and the server has evolved since then. The exact details will all be released with our "Documentation" which is posted and describes everything with the server.

When everything more is posted I will update here as well. Just so everyone knows I usually am on this website at night (work) and if you have any questions you can post them here and I will see them, you can also PM me if you want.
---
#7meteor6666Posted 1/1/2013 1:00:54 AM
Wow that's a surprise. Average free time matches mine. Weekends. Mainly. The wither issue really does seem like a deal breaker though.

Oh and I have a few more questions.

When you were alone, how far were you? Did you leave any clues as to where you were? Do you realize the people who hunted you may have texture pack swapping abilities such as optifine? How competitive are the main PVP people? How often are staff online?

Sorry for the multiple questions but I appreciate you are answering them and even posted one for me.
---
I have no friends.
#8TalentedM(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2013 1:18:07 AM
meteor6666 posted...
Wow that's a surprise. Average free time matches mine. Weekends. Mainly. The wither issue really does seem like a deal breaker though.

Yeah it isn't a lot. Weekends are more important as the nation (or your own space) may need protecting and hopefully you show for that. Other than that you come and go as you please and just help out with your nation. Or play NAI (alone or a small group) and keep a small home base to defend instead.

OH also just got a reply back from the guy who runs the server:

"They won't break blocks, that's been disabled. I don't see any issues during wartime, but during the saturday world wars mobs may be disabled like before to prevent lag."

So, no problems with the Wither and wartime/anytime it looks like.

Oh and I have a few more questions.

When you were alone, how far were you? Did you leave any clues as to where you were? Do you realize the people who hunted you may have texture pack swapping abilities such as optifine? How competitive are the main PVP people? How often are staff online?

Sorry for the multiple questions but I appreciate you are answering them and even posted one for me.

I was pretty far out there. I scouted for a while before I found my spot. Was able to bribe some people who were new into letting me know where some nations were (currency was different and is different now, but may still work) that way I could stay away from them. I never left clues, I just knew my coords and knew my local and built into the landscape.

Yeah, the cheating isn't tollerated and if caught is usually treated fairly. Not sure if optifine is considered a cheat at the moment or anything and I have heard of a few people using it.

PVP is pretty competitive but fun. You won't be raged at but when you come to PVP you should expect the PVP to be well.... Brutal as Minecraft allows.

The staff is growing and is more of a larger project than the server itself. The owner is doing everything to make sure there are people on at all times and is setting up a "ticket" type of setup for problems. That way it will all be worked out ASAP. Right now I believe there should be 1 person at least on.
---
#9meteor6666Posted 1/1/2013 1:25:58 AM(edited)
Thanks for all of your help and send my thanks to the owner who answered the question about the wither. I am sure to check this server out along with my friends. Also I am pretty much a one man army so this place looks perfect.

Time for some sleep. 3:25am here (est). Happy new year.
---
I have no friends.
#10TalentedM(Topic Creator)Posted 1/1/2013 1:26:57 AM
meteor6666 posted...
Thanks for all of your help and send my thanks to the owner who answered the question about the wither. I am sure to check this server out along with my friends. Also I am pretty much a one man army so this place looks perfect.

Time for some sleep. 3:25am here (est). Happy new year.

NP! Happy new year!
---