Can't spawn Zombies in Creative

#1Terribletruth69Posted 2/15/2013 7:13:14 PM
I'm playing on a creative map and I'm trying to spawn zombies in a sort of cage underground with the spawn egg item. But whenever I do, the zombie just appears for a second then disappears. I tried the other spawn enemy eggs like creepers and the lava guys but they all just disappear. Any ideas what is wrong? Is it a glitch or can I not spawn them there?
#2tsunamisurfer08Posted 2/15/2013 7:22:44 PM
Get off of Peaceful.
---
However history remembers me, it shall only remember a fraction of the truth.
#3GastroidPosted 2/15/2013 7:23:09 PM(edited)
You're in Peaceful.

Edit: Seven second ninja.
---
Mechroid Quanta
Third Generation Mech Unit Series
#4Terribletruth69(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 7:26:39 PM
Ooooh okay. Thanks a lot :). Just got the game a few days ago, still learning hehe.
#5tsunamisurfer08Posted 2/15/2013 9:43:45 PM
I actually did the same thing when I was first learning Minecraft. Took me forever to figure out why those stupid eggs weren't working.
---
However history remembers me, it shall only remember a fraction of the truth.
#6TStoddenPosted 2/16/2013 1:06:57 PM
When you're in Peaceful Difficulty, all hostile mobs (creepers, skeletons, spiders, ect.) won't spawn in the world & any mobs that are in the game prior to changing to Peaceful will immediately despawn to comply with the Difficulty restrictions. This also means that hostile spawn eggs will fail as well.

Increasing the difficulty to at least Easy to remove this restriction & they'll spawn normally... but it generally takes about 20-30 minutes (generally one game day) for the system to full kick in.
---
~TStodden
Game Monkey likes you...
#7ISendOutMarioPosted 2/16/2013 3:15:10 PM
TStodden posted...
... but it generally takes about 20-30 minutes (generally one game day) for the system to full kick in.

wat
no
as soon as you switch out of peaceful, mobs will start to spawn/be able to spawn.
---
They say that ignorance is bliss. I'd have to agree in most cases.