Trying to get ideas for a functional house in FTB.

#1Pendragon71037Posted 4/8/2013 10:01:59 PM(edited)
Everything in this house would have a reason to be there, nothing would be just decoration, except the walls and floors, but those would be micro blocks concealing obsidian and/or nether brick. There would be an infinite spring for a bathtub, a painting would conceal a personal safe with weapons, a fireplace would hide a dispenser with arrows and (if they'd work) fire charges. All doors would be iron, and lockable. Lights might be able to be shut off. Any other ideas?

Edit: I should probably mention that I want things to look like they're nothing important, but be something actually useful.
---
Chuck Finley is Forever! People that agree: 5. I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and am 100% proud of it. Yeah, it's hot, but it's a dry heat.
#2pstwoorbustPosted 4/9/2013 1:10:36 AM
Check out applied energistics. Mass storage compression, programmable crafting routines, basically the most advanced storage/sorting/crafting thing you can make. I wouldn't be able to fully explain it, still working on figuring out things, but man is it great. Remember crafting table III? Take that, throw in being able to store thousands upon thousands of blocks in a "drive" (Various sizes). Picture it not only crafting, but macerating, smelting, compressing, and extracting as needed/desired. Oh no, do you need dust for this recipe but all you have are smelted ingots? Well, you can make it smart enough to know how to get around that! You can even have it set up to take input directly from a quarrey. There are monitors you can use to display certain resources quantites, or you could look at the crafting monitors/resource monitors. So start saving up that quartz! (The light blue non-stabbing ones), because you're going to need a LOT of it!
---
This is minecraft. Why would you want to deal with uneven terrain? If you don't like the lay of the land, you punch it until it shapes the f*** up.
#3Pendragon71037(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 9:38:36 AM
O_O; that. Sounds. AMAZING!!
---
Chuck Finley is Forever! People that agree: 5. I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and am 100% proud of it. Yeah, it's hot, but it's a dry heat.
#4dazbuzzPosted 4/9/2013 10:14:30 AM
http://youtu.be/hluPGpkLUZ0

Direwolf20s mod spotlight on Applied Energistics. It is pretty nice for storage and such. But it will also drain alot of power.
---
id rather reign in hell, than serve in heaven.
http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/dazbuzz2/sig/KSH04.png
#5Pendragon71037(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 1:58:41 PM
Ok, I watched the first video, and while it seems incredible, it's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a way to make a regular looking house, that's actually an easily defensible bunker.
---
#6pstwoorbustPosted 4/9/2013 3:51:15 PM
Well you could have the majority of it in a sublevel/basement, with only one console in the upper house connected to the network. I mean, what kind of house DOESN'T have a secret laboratory?
---
This is minecraft. Why would you want to deal with uneven terrain? If you don't like the lay of the land, you punch it until it shapes the f*** up.
#7Pendragon71037(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 3:54:32 PM
pstwoorbust posted...
Well you could have the majority of it in a sublevel/basement, with only one console in the upper house connected to the network. I mean, what kind of house DOESN'T have a secret laboratory?

That's true. Hmm, I just want to make sure I'm right on this: Nether Brick is the block that doesn't catch fire right?
---
#8Pendragon71037(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2013 7:58:06 PM
Bump to see if anyone else has ideas.
---
#9Pendragon71037(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2013 12:52:49 PM
Someone? Anyone?
---
#10TitanStrikePosted 4/10/2013 4:14:15 PM
It CAN catch on fire, I think any block can, even half slabs. But most blocks other then wood and wool will just burn out after a while. Netherrack will burn forever, not sure about nether brick.
---
oxxxx|==============>
MC, Steam ID, most other IGN's: KITTYONFYRE