Fatal error 4 (null)

#1Marty_Mcfly321Posted 5/6/2013 5:28:01 PM
Ok so I'm on a Mac, I was trying to install MCPatcher. I had already installed REI Minimap though and I couldn't get MC Patcher to work right so I just decided to go without. I logged in just like usual and instead of the game loading I got this error message "fatal error 4 null." Keep in mind I'm not very computer savvy.

I've tried deleting the bin folder and force updating, I tried deleting the whole .minecraft folder and force updating, and I completely deleted everything about minecraft on my computer and redownloaded it and somehow the problem persists even with a completely fresh download.

I am at a loss of what to do now and if I get this fixed I swear i will never mod again. Has anyone been able to fix this?
---
For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son, and whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16
#2zyrax2301Posted 5/6/2013 5:42:38 PM
What else does the message say?

How much of MCPatcher did you install before you gave up? Is there still anything in the mods folder?

Your .jar file should be clean after an update, so even if you modified that directly it shouldn't be a problem.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#3Marty_Mcfly321(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 5:48:32 PM
That's all it says lol

I downloaded the MCPatcher and then tried to open it like the directions said but it brought up an error message and i really had no idea what to do so I just left it and tried to play. Thats when the error message came up:

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/717772minecraftbug.png

I tried deleting everything and redownloading just the game from Mojang's website but to no avail.
---
For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son, and whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16
#4ShatrdSkatrPosted 5/7/2013 1:40:51 PM
"okay, so I'm on a mac"

There's your problem right there.
---
PSN - Cack333
Minecraft is a time machine, sure it only travels in one direction, but if you want a day to end, play a little minecrack. - Kinkajou1015