/gamerule doDaylightCycle <true/false>

#1TuxedoCyanPosted 6/12/2013 5:32:05 AM
Finally, a gamerule that I've been wanting for forever. Jeb tweeted that he added it in (for 1.6). This is great for my test worlds. Now I won't have to setup daylight censor + command block with set time 1000 in every single test world I make anymore. Plus I'm sure this command will be handy for plenty of different adventure maps, custom maps, etc. Imagine playing on a server with nighttime all the time, or daytime all the time. If you are a newbie and don't want nighttime, you could turn that off. Just an overall good gamerule to be added, well overdue.
---
Like it or leave it. Hey, where are you going?
#2GastroidPosted 6/12/2013 9:34:01 AM
I hope Jeb tops it off with a similar command for the weather. Those two commands would definitely improve my Creative worlds.
---
Judicoid
Judicator-variant Android
#3TuxedoCyan(Topic Creator)Posted 6/12/2013 9:59:39 AM(edited)
well, /weather clear 1000000

pretty much turns weather off, as long as you don't sleep in a bed, which is nice for creative, but not really for any other map/server types. But yeah, a /gamerule toggleWeather <true/false> would be nice.
---
Like it or leave it. Hey, where are you going?
#4TBD2009Posted 6/12/2013 9:48:40 PM
I... I didn't even hear about this yet. Such a beautiful game rule to add to Vanilla Minecraft.

Seriously... I've been using Macros / Keybind, and set up a script that keeps tabs on the current "time", and after reaching late afternoon, automatically kicks it back to morning. I don't like having to leave a script like that running for several real-world hours, though... it kind of eats up memory after a while.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/PSUTerra
#5hotrodneptune32Posted 6/13/2013 5:31:14 AM
Wow. And I thought Dinnerbone playing UHC could lead to terrifying results. This is actually pretty darn useful.
---
(Un)Official Sephiroth of KHIII board
#6GastroidPosted 6/13/2013 9:10:48 AM
From: hotrodneptune32 | Posted: 6/13/2013 7:31:14 AM | #005
Wow. And I thought Dinnerbone playing UHC could lead to terrifying results. This is actually pretty darn useful.

Jeb added this rule.
---
Omega Gastroid
Symbol of Xavion Might
#7peteybooPosted 6/17/2013 10:09:32 AM
TBD2009 posted...
I... I didn't even hear about this yet. Such a beautiful game rule to add to Vanilla Minecraft.

Seriously... I've been using Macros / Keybind, and set up a script that keeps tabs on the current "time", and after reaching late afternoon, automatically kicks it back to morning. I don't like having to leave a script like that running for several real-world hours, though... it kind of eats up memory after a while.

Why not just use a command block and a daylight sensor?
---
Gee, it sure is boring around here. *rolls eyes*
Let's Play Zelda: Skyward Sword and a bunch of other games http://www.youtube.com/user/peteyboo