/gamerule doDaylightCycle <true/false>

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft
  3. /gamerule doDaylightCycle <true/false>

User Info: TuxedoCyan

TuxedoCyan
3 years ago#1
Finally, a gamerule that I've been wanting for forever. Jeb tweeted that he added it in (for 1.6). This is great for my test worlds. Now I won't have to setup daylight censor + command block with set time 1000 in every single test world I make anymore. Plus I'm sure this command will be handy for plenty of different adventure maps, custom maps, etc. Imagine playing on a server with nighttime all the time, or daytime all the time. If you are a newbie and don't want nighttime, you could turn that off. Just an overall good gamerule to be added, well overdue.
Like it or leave it. Hey, where are you going?

User Info: Gastroid

Gastroid
3 years ago#2
I hope Jeb tops it off with a similar command for the weather. Those two commands would definitely improve my Creative worlds.
Judicoid
Judicator-variant Android

User Info: TuxedoCyan

TuxedoCyan
3 years ago#3
well, /weather clear 1000000

pretty much turns weather off, as long as you don't sleep in a bed, which is nice for creative, but not really for any other map/server types. But yeah, a /gamerule toggleWeather <true/false> would be nice.
Like it or leave it. Hey, where are you going?

User Info: TBD2009

TBD2009
3 years ago#4
I... I didn't even hear about this yet. Such a beautiful game rule to add to Vanilla Minecraft.

Seriously... I've been using Macros / Keybind, and set up a script that keeps tabs on the current "time", and after reaching late afternoon, automatically kicks it back to morning. I don't like having to leave a script like that running for several real-world hours, though... it kind of eats up memory after a while.
http://www.youtube.com/user/PSUTerra

User Info: hotrodneptune32

hotrodneptune32
3 years ago#5
Wow. And I thought Dinnerbone playing UHC could lead to terrifying results. This is actually pretty darn useful.
(Un)Official Sephiroth of KHIII board

User Info: Gastroid

Gastroid
3 years ago#6
From: hotrodneptune32 | Posted: 6/13/2013 7:31:14 AM | #005
Wow. And I thought Dinnerbone playing UHC could lead to terrifying results. This is actually pretty darn useful.

Jeb added this rule.
Omega Gastroid
Symbol of Xavion Might

User Info: peteyboo

peteyboo
3 years ago#7
TBD2009 posted...
I... I didn't even hear about this yet. Such a beautiful game rule to add to Vanilla Minecraft.

Seriously... I've been using Macros / Keybind, and set up a script that keeps tabs on the current "time", and after reaching late afternoon, automatically kicks it back to morning. I don't like having to leave a script like that running for several real-world hours, though... it kind of eats up memory after a while.

Why not just use a command block and a daylight sensor?
Gee, it sure is boring around here. *rolls eyes*
Let's Play Zelda: Skyward Sword and a bunch of other games http://www.youtube.com/user/peteyboo
  1. Boards
  2. Minecraft
  3. /gamerule doDaylightCycle <true/false>

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived