Has anyone run across any similar games?

#1MlREFOXPosted 8/2/2011 2:41:15 PM
I believe Pocket Frogs is my favorite way to waste time on the iPhone. I love breeding, collecting, and selling those little guys. Has anyone found any similar games that are a good quality?

Thanks for any opinions.
#2JillyKPosted 8/2/2011 3:03:31 PM
I think Pocket Frogs is in a category of its own. So many games these days rely heavily on in-app purchases, which is incredibly frustrating. Pocket Frogs offers in-app purchases as well, but they aren't necessarily required for gameplay like in so many other games.
---
Plus+ ID: septemberissue
#3Mikos101Posted 8/3/2011 8:35:58 AM
You really should get Tiny Tower. It just came out a few weeks ago and it was made by the guys that made Pocket Frogs. It's free, and it's awesome.
---
Plus+ name: iMikos Xbox tag: MIK0S (the 'O' is a Zero) PSN name: MIKOS-
#4J_NicsPosted 8/3/2011 11:42:42 AM
Pocket Butterflies is almost and exact copy of this game, except with butterflies. At ;east judging from the screenshots and description, haven't played it.
---
When you get sad, stop being sad and be awesome instead.
#5MlREFOX(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2011 2:28:16 PM
You really should get Tiny Tower.

I do enjoy Tiny Tower but it isn't quite the same game. Tiny Tower is more about completely random luck than purposeful and directed breeding. Don't get me wrong, Tiny Tower is a great game and does share some similarities, but the feel of the game is different.

And as for Pocket Butterflies...what a complete rip off! It couldn't be a more blatant copy of Pocket Frogs. I am a bit weary, though, of carbon-copy applications with descriptions written in poor English and nothing but 1-star reviews...
#6DilatorialPosted 8/3/2011 2:31:31 PM
I've started Tiny Tower too on iMikos's recommendation, as well as a few RL friends. I thought I was so done with games in this format after a couple years on those Facebook games but this still hooked me. Like Pocket Frogs it doesn't punish you for logging in late etc which is great.
---
Plus name: mooosang