Firelink firekeeper is dead?

#1stickystainesPosted 10/11/2011 5:47:13 AM
Is this supposed to happen? I just got back from Blightown through new londo ruins and i find that she is dead? I certainly didn't kill her since i haven't been back to firelink in a while.
---
~degeso!
#2monkmithPosted 10/11/2011 5:47:58 AM
yep, guy in gold armor did it. you will be able to revive her later.
---
build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.
#3stickystaines(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2011 5:49:52 AM
Imma murder that dude.
---
~degeso!
#4OkamiakuPosted 10/11/2011 5:59:15 AM
stickystaines posted...
Is this supposed to happen? I just got back from Blightown through new londo ruins and i find that she is dead? I certainly didn't kill her since i haven't been back to firelink in a while.

Theres a NPC you can find who basicaly goes back and kills NPCs in town (Like Yurt from DS)

The real downside is that while shes dead the bonfire at firelink wont work.
---
- Black Shuck - Member of Black Hounds Hunting team
I walk the Darkest of Paths, that of Eternal Death..
#5hotlouPosted 10/11/2011 6:00:28 AM
I killed the gold dude at pretty early on...am i doomed :x?
#6XxzMayhemzxXPosted 10/11/2011 6:48:25 AM
Okamiaku posted...
stickystaines posted...

Theres a NPC you can find who basicaly goes back and kills NPCs in town (Like Yurt from DS)

He's got sort of a quest... He only kills the firekeeper girl behind the bars... he doesnt kill any other npcs...

See this page for all of this info...
http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Knight+Lautrec
#7OkamiakuPosted 10/11/2011 7:09:51 AM
XxzMayhemzxX posted...
Okamiaku posted...
stickystaines posted...

He's got sort of a quest... He only kills the firekeeper girl behind the bars... he doesnt kill any other npcs...

See this page for all of this info...
http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Knight+Lautrec

Yeah but his armor is not very good, and his Ring is awesome. Also for people who dont know what to do for his quest the Bonfire may not be active in Firelink for a very long inconvient time.
---
- Black Shuck - Member of Black Hounds Hunting team
I walk the Darkest of Paths, that of Eternal Death..
#8simonbelmont2Posted 10/11/2011 7:19:44 AM
If his armor is not good maybe I should just kill him and get the ring.
---
Adversity introduces a man to himself.
#9Elly_MayPosted 10/11/2011 7:26:17 AM
He will still escape from his jail even if you do not free him. I believe it happens after you kill the Belfry Gargoyle. He will then be seen sitting down in front of the Firekeeper in Firelink Shrine.
---
Without syntax and grammar, human language would not be any different from the chimpanzees that shout repeating sounds. ~ Phillip Tobias
#10BroncavPosted 10/11/2011 7:31:38 AM
So what happens if you are proactive and whack the guy before he can murder her?

Do you actually lose anything? Doesn't she stay alive and you still get his stuff anyway? Plus, you don't ever lose the ability to use that bonfire.
---
"Cause we all - love - the Red Sox. Always have and always will."