Why can't I use my white soapstone????

#1doozer667Posted 10/12/2011 4:12:57 PM
I've never once been able to use it whether human or hollow the entire game. I only try use it in front of the fog doors for bossfights and yet it won't let me. EVER. I've been trying to use it on multiple boss fights and I'm finally on one now that I feel I'd like a little help learning without wasting humanities, I can't use the god damn soapstone.
#2deathguise125Posted 10/12/2011 4:16:56 PM
if you are after help from other you dont use the soup they put it down and you invite them in putting it down means you can get taken into someone elses game
---
gamertag: Sad Marshmallow, Psn: vincent 125
youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAjkiller125?feature=mhum
#3doozer667(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2011 4:20:27 PM
deathguise125 posted...
if you are after help from other you dont use the soup they put it down and you invite them in putting it down means you can get taken into someone elses game

Right, but I want to learn the fight before I summon others to help me.

Regardless of whether you agree or disagree with what I'd like to do... the damn soapstone isn't working. What am I doing wrong? I've searched numerous threads and it doesn't seem that ANYONE has complained of the same problem.
#4TWPEPosted 10/12/2011 4:22:24 PM
You sure you're online? Soapstone is an online item. There are zones where you can't use the soapstone. Have it in one of your quick slots and walk around until it lights up. If it NEVER lights up, you are most certainly offline.
---
Luck and skill go hand-in-hand.
#5deathguise125Posted 10/12/2011 4:23:36 PM
ive never had the problem i just put it in my item box and press (X) then it lets me place the sign down.

and sorry i thought you meant put the sign down to get people in to help you my mistake.

If the problem persists you can just enter the fight and try solo to get the hang of it as some mist doors are not for bosses you may just traverse to a stronger area
---
gamertag: Sad Marshmallow, Psn: vincent 125
youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAjkiller125?feature=mhum
#6dudebroguymanPosted 10/12/2011 4:27:03 PM
Check list.

Make sure you're online not in party chat

Have xbox live gold

Put soapstone on quick slot it will be brighter depending on it if you can use it. If not walk around certain areas can't drop the soap.

Bigger areas will be harder to drop depending on the boss. Places like the great hollow I don't believe is available because there's no real boss there.

Cannot drop inside boss rooms.

If none of these work I'm sorry sir but I don't know how to help.
---
GT: Close Edge wtf.
Use the search option.
#7doozer667(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2011 4:54:19 PM
dudebroguyman posted...
Check list.

Make sure you're online not in party chat

Have xbox live gold

Put soapstone on quick slot it will be brighter depending on it if you can use it. If not walk around certain areas can't drop the soap.

Bigger areas will be harder to drop depending on the boss. Places like the great hollow I don't believe is available because there's no real boss there.

Cannot drop inside boss rooms.

If none of these work I'm sorry sir but I don't know how to help.

Finally got it to work randomly. Not sure what the deal was. This 360 doesnt have gold so I was concerned that mightve been the prob but it wasnt.