Best way to get Twinkling Titanite?

#1breadisgoodPosted 10/15/2011 9:17:32 PM
I know the clam things in the Ash Lake drop it but there's only like three of them and the beach is huge. Is there another enemy that drops it (besides the crystal lizards) that is easier to farm?
#2detnomPosted 10/15/2011 9:21:47 PM
The man-eater shells near the end of Crystal Cave supposedly have a 100% drop rate, at least according to the strategy guide, and there's 5-6 of them.
---
GT: Detnom
#3Shaodw_of_DeathPosted 10/15/2011 9:24:40 PM
They do not have a 100% drop rate. A buddy and I both murdered them repeatedly for several hours today and only left with maybe a couple dozen.
---
The Dark is my friend...
#4breadisgood(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2011 9:26:55 PM
Ah thanks, I haven't been there yet, how do you get there?
#5infinitexxPosted 10/15/2011 9:28:31 PM
100%, I wish. The drop rate is abysmally low, which sucks seeing as you need 50 to upgrade an armor set.
---
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.
#6detnomPosted 10/15/2011 9:37:41 PM
I doubted them being 100%, hence why I said it's simply what the book states. Glad it's cleared up however. Not quite there yet myself, so I couldn't say for sure.
---
GT: Detnom
#7TWPEPosted 10/15/2011 9:40:46 PM
Took me forever to farm 80 from the ones in crystal cave...
---
Luck and skill go hand-in-hand.
#8DirtyTacticsPosted 10/15/2011 10:00:02 PM
Dont forget the amount of humanity u have on you increases the drop rate dramatically.
#9AtairPosted 10/17/2011 1:40:55 PM
Well, I had 14 twinkling titanites before I got to the 6 clams that spawn right next to the Crystal Caves Bonfire. Some of these came from the clams at Ash Lake, and the rest were found somewhere along the way.

My item discovery is at 410 and I have killed 72 clams at the Crystal Caverns.....and I have not found a single twinkling titanite, but I sure have found a lot of Purging Stones. I see that some players have gotten them as drops here, and if so, I must have the worst luck in the world!
---
The time when someone could have finally and forever closed shut the Flaws of Oblivion.....has long passed.
#10TWPEPosted 10/18/2011 9:00:10 AM
Atair posted...
Well, I had 14 twinkling titanites before I got to the 6 clams that spawn right next to the Crystal Caves Bonfire. Some of these came from the clams at Ash Lake, and the rest were found somewhere along the way.

My item discovery is at 410 and I have killed 72 clams at the Crystal Caverns.....and I have not found a single twinkling titanite, but I sure have found a lot of Purging Stones. I see that some players have gotten them as drops here, and if so, I must have the worst luck in the world!

They can drop simultaneously. Most of the time you'll get purging stones, but sometimes you'll get both (just getting twinkling titanite is fairly rare).

Of course, the drop rate is abysmal. You don't even want to know how many clams I've killed or how many times I killed Seath before I got the 80 titanite I needed.
---
Luck and skill go hand-in-hand.