At what level should I stop levelling my resistance?

#1Shad0wCKPosted 2/7/2012 12:59:23 PM
I'm planning on going to 120 and stopping. My resistance is currently 16. When should I stop? 20?
---
It's true what they say, the grass is always greener, and you don't really know what it is you have, until it's gone...gone. Gone.
#2Scorpian_KingPosted 2/7/2012 1:00:24 PM
a long time ago.
but seriously stop right now it is useless
#3Shad0wCK(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2012 1:02:09 PM
So should I have never have leveled it up in the first place? Should I have just ignored it?

If so, I'm starting again.
---
It's true what they say, the grass is always greener, and you don't really know what it is you have, until it's gone...gone. Gone.
#4HoustonBoy98Posted 2/7/2012 1:02:16 PM
you should leave it at base

most useless stat in the game
---
Yah...no
XBL - Stillnacht
#5Shad0wCK(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2012 1:04:49 PM
If you don't level it up and just level up health surely your just a giant slab of butter?
---
#6NeoGeoXSegaPosted 2/7/2012 1:07:17 PM
Whatever stats you gain from resistance, you can get from better armor & upgrading that armor at a MUCH lower cost than what spending points into resistance will eventually cost.
---
"gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese" -CinisterX
#7Scorpian_KingPosted 2/7/2012 1:08:05 PM
resistance has diminishing returns when your level goes above 30 as it is leveled each time you level up so it does not change your defense any at a level above 40. Each point does no upping beyond normal above level 40. At 120 resistance is worth absolutely nothing.
#8RPGNinja123Posted 2/7/2012 1:08:35 PM
Imagine if resistance was useful though... would make alot of drastically different builds.
---
~Official Leader of Xbox360 Dark Souls Board~
#9Scorpian_KingPosted 2/7/2012 1:12:13 PM
or maybe it adds poise on that would make things even more interesting.
#10Worgen_FreemanPosted 2/7/2012 1:27:51 PM(edited)
Shad0wCK posted...
If you don't level it up and just level up health surely your just a giant slab of butter?

Ideally, what you are saying is true. But resistance might be preventive of about 7-8 points of damage in a given circumstance where a point of vitality gives you a flat 26 point increase in health no matter what the situation (poisoned or not). Resistance would need a huge buff in order to be worth any points.

If you're playing SL120, get to at least 50 vit and 40 endurance. Based on whatever weapon you're using, level up its predominant scaling stats. If your using a weapon with an A or S in dex, get dex to 40. If you're using an int/str/faith/etc. weapon get those stats to 40. If you're going to be using an elemental weapon, or any weapon that does not scale, just level up to whatever requirements you need to wield the weapon and basically dump the rest in vitality.
---
That is all.