Fist weapons

#1aznj03Posted 2/7/2012 5:21:37 PM
So I want to make a fist wep build just to mess around a bit. Suggestions for which one to focus on, which is more fun to use and whatnot
---
...you're aware that there's an invention called television, and on that invention they show shows, right?
-Pulp Fiction
#2SKYR1MPosted 2/7/2012 5:31:47 PM(edited)
Have you tried a dragon fist thing? I haven't but i heard it's cool.
I like to pretend i have a fist weapon in PvP. When isee i am getting invaded I use "Hidden Weapon" on my Murakumo and the invaders usually let their defense go cuz they're like "lol are you serious bro?" BAM. They get wrecked by the Mura Train.
---
Some people call it big, me i call it a treasure.
#3RPGNinja123Posted 2/7/2012 5:33:54 PM
Dragon Bone Fist is a waste, its cool but it sucks flat out... only thing it has going for it is it can be enchanted, but the range is so bad everyone will own you unless you fight against other fist build. The closest thing to fist that is actually decent are claws.
---
~Official Leader of Xbox360 Dark Souls Board~
#4MalzelPosted 2/7/2012 5:36:51 PM
Claw or Dragon Bone Fist. You can get a Cestus fairly early from Andre if you want a "legit" pure fist-weapon playthrough.
The Claw can be turned into whichever type of weapon you want (such as Lightning), unlike the DBF as it is a boss weapon. But the DBF has a ridiculous uppercut attack (which isn't that great but is fun to use).
If you want to go the standard reinforcement path as well, go Claw for a Dexterity focus build, DBF for Strength.

Or turn yourself into a Dragon and use your fists that way.
#5game_wiz101Posted 2/7/2012 5:39:18 PM
- Claws cause bleed damage. Can't go wrong there.
- Dragon Bone Fist gives you a nifty Shoryuken punch, and, just like other dragon weapons it'll grant you a defensive bonus.
- Get 30 scales and the dragon torso. Unarmed will then do more damage than any of your fist weapons.

Those are pretty much your options. Caestus is there until you get any of these.
---
People, especially children, are inherently evil. - Omega Gilgamesh
GT: SmokyJoMama
#6aznj03(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2012 6:23:17 PM
well claws sound more fun and the dex will open up a claw/whip build. How are the attack animations? Are they all the same except for the uppercut?
---
...you're aware that there's an invention called television, and on that invention they show shows, right?
-Pulp Fiction
#7RPGNinja123Posted 2/7/2012 6:24:52 PM
game_wiz101 posted...
- Claws cause bleed damage. Can't go wrong there.
- Dragon Bone Fist gives you a nifty Shoryuken punch, and, just like other dragon weapons it'll grant you a defensive bonus.
- Get 30 scales and the dragon torso. Unarmed will then do more damage than any of your fist weapons.

Those are pretty much your options. Caestus is there until you get any of these.

Don't be confused by "nifty" he is saying its a novelty, not necessarily that it is useful, it has a terribly long load up time before execution.
---
~Official Leader of Xbox360 Dark Souls Board~
#8game_wiz101Posted 2/7/2012 6:29:57 PM(edited)
For the actual weapons, it's the RT attack that differs. Using the dragon torso causes you to make swipe attacks, no matter what button you press.

EDIT: And fist weapons in general are novelty weapons, so... whatever floats your boat.
---
People, especially children, are inherently evil. - Omega Gilgamesh
GT: SmokyJoMama