Da f*** is up with Priscilla's dagger?

#1eugene1222Posted 4/11/2012 4:56:49 PM
I thought it would be good melee range weapon for my current archer/rogue build so I bb glitched one for myself (yeah yeah) but it sucks balls!

The bleed effect NEVER triggers, wouldve been WAY better off with a bandit knife in retrospect -.-

While we are at it, Bandit Knife +15/Chaos bandit knife+5 with 10 humanity, or rapier does more damage with ripostes and backstabs? Un-upgraded the bandit knife does more if my memory serves me right... so what is it when upgraded?
---
Young master, i cannot aid one who opposes the master.
#2Praise_the_SunPosted 4/11/2012 4:59:35 PM
pretty sure most crit damage was achieved with a chaos rapier
---
In a loving relationship with the Chaos Great Scythe <3
GT: The Great Ryan | Games Playing: Mass Effects, Dark Souls, MW3, AC: Revelations - All xbox
#3youshallbeasgodPosted 4/11/2012 5:05:03 PM
Priscilla Dagger builds bleed slowly, but the bleed itself is more powerful.

I got that weapon to +5. It's average, nothing great. The moveset is neat, but the damage is low. I just use it with Parrying Dagger and Paint Guarding Set to look awesome.
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#4eugene1222(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2012 5:12:14 PM
youshallbeasgod posted...
Priscilla Dagger builds bleed slowly, but the bleed itself is more powerful.

I got that weapon to +5. It's average, nothing great. The moveset is neat, but the damage is low. I just use it with Parrying Dagger and Paint Guarding Set to look awesome.

Well I realized that it builds slowly - bit TOO slowly for my tastes, I kill stuff with it unupgraded before it ever triggers -.- (I killed freakin havel with it unupgraded, and it never triggered :D)

And thats exactly what I am (or more like was for the whole of burg and parish since it actually sucks balls) using as a close combat option on my current rogue build (painting set, parry dagger, and priscillas)

Considering starting over, only like 20 mins in and it leaves a sour feeling in my mouth if I play with a build I dont like... will be doing a bandit knife rogue instead :D

And then its time for my masochist build finally (lifehunt and chaos blade with 40 end, bloodbite ring, and bloodshield :D)

@praise_the_sun yeah I guessed so, since doods would be running around backstab fishing with chaos bandit knives and not chaos rapiers everywhere :D
---
#5ZamussPosted 4/11/2012 5:14:23 PM
Priscilla dagger produces i think 20 bleding per hit, while most weapons do 33 and i think the lifehunt scythe does the most, but as said priscilla and lifehunt produce a 50% bleedig instead of 30%.

The higest damage should be a +15 Bandit wich high dex and a weapon buff DMB +3rank, other wise I think the chaos rapier does the most damage.
---
Xboxlive GT: xZamusx
#6eugene1222(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2012 5:21:06 PM
Zamuss posted...
Priscilla dagger produces i think 20 bleding per hit, while most weapons do 33 and i think the lifehunt scythe does the most, but as said priscilla and lifehunt produce a 50% bleedig instead of 30%.

The higest damage should be a +15 Bandit wich high dex and a weapon buff DMB +3rank, other wise I think the chaos rapier does the most damage.

Hmmm, so my speculation about the buff damage getting the critical modifier as well WAS correct!

Well that gives a whole new weapon to beat the crap out of gwyn with

*makes bandit knife +15, buffs it with sunlight blade, puts on red tearstone and hornet ring, and activates power within, then proceeds to enter through fog door once health is critical*

"Now we wait for him to attack... lol, just wait and see gwyn, just wait and see"

And still, 20 bleed per hit should still make havel bleed in like 6-7 hits no? I couldnt get him to bleed in 30 hits, while bandit knife bled him out in 4 hits usually... Same with taurus demon, hed usually start bleeding with bandit knife after a good 5-6 hits at most, with priscillas, not so much even after beating him to death...

The lifehunt's 50 sounds freakin badass though, cant wait for my bleed build using that beast
---
#7Max58201Posted 4/11/2012 5:30:56 PM
havel doesnt bleed...ever
---
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples
#8ZamussPosted 4/11/2012 5:36:36 PM
eugene1222 posted...
Hmmm, so my speculation about the buff damage getting the critical modifier as well WAS correct!

Well that gives a whole new weapon to beat the crap out of gwyn with

And still, 20 bleed per hit should still make havel bleed in like 6-7 hits no? I couldnt get him to bleed in 30 hits, while bandit knife bled him out in 4 hits usually... Same with taurus demon, hed usually start bleeding with bandit knife after a good 5-6 hits at most, with priscillas, not so much even after beating him to death...

The lifehunt's 50 sounds freakin badass though, cant wait for my bleed build using that beast

Don't take my word 100% on the bandit tough I'm only assuming since DMB is the highest damage buff and since the chaos rapier + hornet ring it's more than enough to take on regular enemies even in NG++++ I havent really experimiented with the bandit.

Also what I meant by 50% is the actual bleeding effect caused by both lifehunt and priscilla every other bleeing weapon does 30% of the max hp on humans bit sure about bosses or regular enemies they seem to have a fixed bleed damage.

I am sure tough that lifehunt does increase the bleeding metter the fastest wich is why it also increases your's uppon every hit, I really hope you are planing to use the bloodbite ring and carry a bunch of the red moss to avoid bleeding yourself, I killed myself once when hitting by mistake 5 enemies at the same time and bleeding myself.
---
Xboxlive GT: xZamusx
#9Scorpian_KingPosted 4/11/2012 6:02:17 PM
The lifehunt increases bleed by 50 a hit and 40 to the user.
Chaos blade does 36 per hit
all other bleed weapons cause 30-33
bleed increases less with backstab and is not caused easily to PVE not to mention the damage to bosses equals the damage of the strike inflicting the wound
It is a good backup in pvp for the lifehunt scythe to keep up the bleed meter while your drops.
#10eugene1222(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2012 6:26:50 PM
Zamuss posted...
I am sure tough that lifehunt does increase the bleeding metter the fastest wich is why it also increases your's uppon every hit, I really hope you are planing to use the bloodbite ring and carry a bunch of the red moss to avoid bleeding yourself, I killed myself once when hitting by mistake 5 enemies at the same time and bleeding myself.

I would have 1170 bleed resistance at all times (from armor, bloodshield, and bloodbite ring), and carry a good supply of red moss... so I dont think bleeding out will be an issue, since I would also have the chaos blade as a backup, and would only use lifehunt against high hp bleed-able enemies :D
---