What are the best Dex scaling weapons?

#1superbowl54Posted 5/14/2012 7:43:37 AM
I'm on NG+, just beat S&O, SL 108.

I've been using a Flame Flamberge +10, but I feel it's time to drop the elemental weapon and get a nice scaling weapon. I have more Dex than strength, so I'm trying to find a good weapon to upgrade so I can use (have an Iaito +10 and Uchi +5, but they seem to break pretty easily).

Anyone have an idea of some good Dex scaling weapons?
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Mortal Kombat (Ermac/Cyber Sub-Zero/Mileena), RAGE, Uncharted 3, Mass Effect 3
#2WOT BSPosted 5/14/2012 7:52:20 AM
priscillas dagger scales well i think its A
---
GT: Extract Hz
#3moodyjm2Posted 5/14/2012 8:03:24 AM(edited)
Baldur Side Sword (best buffable imho)
Quelaggs Fury Sword (best non-buffable imho)
Chaos Blade
Ricard's Rapier
Bandit's Blade
Uchi/Iaito
Falchion

Quality weapons (sounds like these could work for you too):

Washing Pole (D/C scaling)
Darksword
Lifehunt Scythe (E/B scaling)
Great Scythe?
Silver Knight Sword (something something scaling)

I'm sure they are others...
---
Ahoy!
#4ZeratulthekingPosted 5/14/2012 8:38:53 AM
superbowl54 posted...

I've been using a Flame Flamberge +10, but I feel it's time to drop the elemental weapon and get a nice scaling weapon. I have more Dex than strength, so I'm trying to find a good weapon to upgrade so I can use (have an Iaito +10 and Uchi +5, but they seem to break pretty easily).

The uchi and iaito are the highest scaling dex weapons in the game. To balance it they have low durability. This has been the same way since the original game too. At +15 they scale to 415/410 respectively per attack.
If you are worried about running out of durability just use a repair powder from the male undead merchant, unless you killed him.
#5eugene1222Posted 5/14/2012 8:47:36 AM
For me its falchion/scimitar/shotel, balder side sword, and then in last place the uchi/iaito/chaos blade. Flamberge is also the dex oriented version of the claymore so if you want to keep the moveset you can downgrade it to +5 and then upgrade to +15, or just get another one and get it to +15.
---
Young master, i cannot aid one who opposes the master.
#6superbowl54(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2012 9:14:37 AM
Zeratultheking posted...
superbowl54 posted...

The uchi and iaito are the highest scaling dex weapons in the game. To balance it they have low durability. This has been the same way since the original game too. At +15 they scale to 415/410 respectively per attack.
If you are worried about running out of durability just use a repair powder from the male undead merchant, unless you killed him.

I'm planning on turning my my Uchi into a Chaos blade and making my Iaito into +15
---
XBL: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Currently Playing: Dark Souls, Mortal Kombat (Ermac/Cyber Sub-Zero/Mileena), RAGE, Uncharted 3, Mass Effect 3
#7moodyjm2Posted 5/14/2012 9:37:48 AM
eugene1222 posted...
For me its falchion/scimitar/shotel, balder side sword, and then in last place the uchi/iaito/chaos blade. Flamberge is also the dex oriented version of the claymore so if you want to keep the moveset you can downgrade it to +5 and then upgrade to +15, or just get another one and get it to +15.

Dude...I respect your spirit, but your Falchion/Scimitar campaign is getting old lol. They have little range and are only decent when they are buffed.

Favorites =/= best.

To say the katana's are in last place is ridiculous, and I remember seeing somewhere you said Quelagg's Fury Sword is terrible. Again, this is just wrong. Search the PS3 board if you don't believe me - it's widely considered one of, if not the best, DEX weapon. It's good you feel so strongly about your weapons, but you spread alot of misguided opinions.
---
Ahoy!
#8eugene1222Posted 5/14/2012 9:50:08 AM
moodyjm2 posted...
Dude...I respect your spirit, but your Falchion/Scimitar campaign is getting old lol. They have little range and are only decent when they are buffed.

Favorites =/= best.

To say the katana's are in last place is ridiculous, and I remember seeing somewhere you said Quelagg's Fury Sword is terrible. Again, this is just wrong. Search the PS3 board if you don't believe me - it's widely considered one of, if not the best, DEX weapon. It's good you feel so strongly about your weapons, but you spread alot of misguided opinions.

I know favorites =/= best, hence the "for me" :D

Besides, quelaags furysword has the exact same r1s as the other curved swords, so to say thats good while those are bad is kind of conflicting. I said its terrible in the grand scheme of things, which it is - a buffed curved sword (hell, even a +15 without buffs in certain cases) will outdamage it with the same moveset... so whats the point besides using it for personal preference or role playing? Besides, how else can I answer a question such as this than with my own opinion? The quelaag sword gets crappy damage bonus from scaling since its physical base damage is horrible. The fire damage with 10 humanity is alright, but again, considering split defenses and yadda yadda a +15 is better especially for PvP.

I know katanas are good, but I just never really liked them much. If it comes to katanas Id say the washing pole with a buff is the absolute best, followed by chaos blade with 10 humanity, then uchi and iaito. I really love the balder side sword though, I can finally see why others praised it so much.
---
Young master, i cannot aid one who opposes the master.
#9motorollaPosted 5/14/2012 9:54:39 AM
The flamberge, murakumo, balder side sword and laito(buffed) are the only dexterity weapons I bother with. Katana's are only widely used due to bleed and, in my opinion, need a buff to be taken seriously with the added damage. Otherwise they are just another bleed weapon with solid scaling in my books.
---
Don't believe the hype...
#10moodyjm2Posted 5/14/2012 10:00:48 AM(edited)
eugene1222 posted...
moodyjm2 posted...

Favorites =/= best.

I know favorites =/= best, hence the "for me" :D

Besides, quelaags furysword has the exact same r1s as the other curved swords, so to say thats good while those are bad is kind of conflicting. I said its terrible in the grand scheme of things, which it is - a buffed curved sword (hell, even a +15 without buffs in certain cases) will outdamage it with the same moveset... so whats the point besides using it for personal preference or role playing? Besides, how else can I answer a question such as this than with my own opinion? The quelaag sword gets crappy damage bonus from scaling since its physical base damage is horrible. The fire damage with 10 humanity is alright, but again, considering split defenses and yadda yadda a +15 is better especially for PvP.

I know katanas are good, but I just never really liked them much. If it comes to katanas Id say the washing pole with a buff is the absolute best, followed by chaos blade with 10 humanity, then uchi and iaito. I really love the balder side sword though, I can finally see why others praised it so much.

Quelagg's has a B in DEX scaling and is mostly fire damage, which is why it's good.

At 45 Dex with 10 Humanity, the AR is 520, and most of that is fire damage. It also has much better range than the Falchion/Scimitar, to which are pitiful in that department. The other thing to consider is that a shield like the Crest Shield or the Great Magic Barrier spell almost totally negate magic damage. And many times you can wait till buffs runs out.

A +15 would not outdamage it in most cases, as most opponents, human or computer, have higher physical resistance than fire.
---
Ahoy!