Where Now?

#1SolidGoldPosted 6/5/2012 2:21:47 AM
I've toppled the Bell Gargoyles after a few attempts and have access to the Titanite Demon and the Capra Demon.

Which is the best direction to head?

I've currently got the Drake Sword and a Knights Shield. I have Soul Arrow and Heavy Soul Arrow also.
---
GT: FusionDriver
#2QuittoPosted 6/5/2012 3:05:27 AM(edited)
Long story short : Past capra demon, tru depths into blightown. GL HF
---
Its Good To Be Bad cause that is How the Cookie Crumbles!
#3SolidGold(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2012 5:54:40 AM
I defeated the Titanite Demon and the Moonlight Butterfly.

The Capra Demon is absolutely destroying me, any advice?
---
#4ZeratulthekingPosted 6/5/2012 7:14:31 AM
Get fog ring and target the dogs with a bow right when you enter so you don't have to worry about 3 enemies at once.

My first time killing it I found it best to run up the stairs and jump down then attack him as he recovers from the fall. If you are quick you can get a jump stab on him. Any shield with 100% physical dmg is great just avoid when he puts both swords in one hand then swings, as it takes a lot of stamina to block it.
#5SolidGold(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2012 8:01:30 AM
Where do I get the fog ring?
---
#6VoIugPosted 6/5/2012 8:53:05 AM
Have fun in Blight Town, TC.
#7pjcamperPosted 6/5/2012 9:30:49 AM
Assuming you cleared out the lower burg and released Griggs from a house there, he will be available at Firelink to buy spells now. Stock up on the heavier hitting ones that you can wield with your current INT stats. Also, if you can afford it, buy the Bellowing Dragoncrest ring from him. It increases the power of your spells.

There is a piece of headgear that will also help increase the damage of your spells. You have to make a trip to Darkroot Basin, kill the Hydra there, make you way to the other side of the lake, kill a gold Golem, free Dusk of Oolacile, go back to where you killed the Hydra, summon Dusk and buy some good spells from her.

Having said all of that you can take on Capra with your current setup but you need to make it to the top of the stairs and to the far corner of the ledge. This means dashing to the right or left of the Capra, rolling past him and making for the stairs ASAP. Sometimes you can get hung up by the dogs until you get familiar with their tactics. If that happens, more than likely you'll get gang banged by all three of them.

Once you get to the corner of the ledge, stay there until you take care of the dogs. Capra will generally swing and fall down but will only offer glancing blows, easily deflected by your shield. Be patient and take out the dogs. I don't target lock them because it is too easy to fall off the ledge doing so. Once the dogs are taken care of, target Capra with your best spells, staying on the ledge. Piece of cake then.
#8kisame847Posted 6/5/2012 10:15:55 AM
Guys... that's a litte much for someone on their first playthrough of the game. To beat the Capra, you need to separate him from his dogs. Run up the stairs, one or both of the dogs will follow, the Capra more slowly. Kill the dog, drop off, and kill the remaining dog if it is still on the ground. Gotta be quick though. Surviving the first 5-10 seconds of the fight is the hardest part. If you have the force miracle, this fight is cake, btw.
---
For GODS SAKE! I don't wanna do sex with dogs!! I wanna DO dogs!!
-Xx Kazuko xX
#9pjcamperPosted 6/5/2012 10:26:39 AM
kisame847 posted...
Guys... that's a litte much for someone on their first playthrough of the game. To beat the Capra, you need to separate him from his dogs. Run up the stairs, one or both of the dogs will follow, the Capra more slowly. Kill the dog, drop off, and kill the remaining dog if it is still on the ground. Gotta be quick though. Surviving the first 5-10 seconds of the fight is the hardest part. If you have the force miracle, this fight is cake, btw.

Pretty much just what I said, except he doesn't have to drop off to kill the other dog, it will come up to him. And as a sorceror, he never has to leave the ledge, his heavy soul arrows and basic soul arrows will do the job. The other stuff I mentioned is just to improve the effectiveness of his spells.
#10ZeratulthekingPosted 6/6/2012 6:45:28 AM
SolidGold posted...
Where do I get the fog ring?

Join the forest convenant. You can easily pick off the dogs at the start of the fog gate w/ sorcery or a bow to lead them to you and the capra demon shouldn't come after you unless you move forward.