The 360 Controls?

#11saborzeroPosted 7/24/2011 11:29:18 PM
Meijimasha13 posted...
Party chat would ruin the game. There is a reason it wasn't in Demon's Souls and having it as an option in the 360 version will destroy the atmosphere.

Well I think if they really wanted to they can make it so no party chat is allowed while playing but that would be silly. It was always an issue not being able to communicate with your blues. I mean no communication for someone you invade is fine, just your team mates are the issue
---
PSN: JArcane -- XBL: ArcShawdow Currently Playing: LoZ: OoT(3DS)999(DS)Fallout: NV(360) SSF4:AE(360) Tekken 6(PS3)
#12MaridStormbreakPosted 7/25/2011 1:24:45 AM
The whole point is so that you CAN'T communicate. That's why there's no party chat. Additionally, comparing this or Demon's Souls to the likes of Portal 2 when we're talking about atmosphere... there is no comparison. Portal 2, you're encouraged to communicate with your partner because it is necessary to proceed through the puzzles.

Here, there is no need to speak; you role-play through your actions and your alignments. You are forced to do the difficult thing, to communicate without words to complete strangers. You immerse yourself in the world as you fight past enemies and traps. You've seen the screenshots, you know how vibrant and colorful and full of personality this world will be. The explanation that chat would ruin the atmosphere is far from stupid when the atmosphere is half the draw. Demon's Souls wouldn't have been half the game it was had it taken place in, say, a green forest with deer and ponies and rainbows, and the same looks to be true for Dark Souls.
---
Dusk's Precipice ~ http://summaxr.com/dueltopia
Your premiere dueling experience. Dueltopia Live!
#13DahlVaughnniPosted 7/26/2011 10:45:13 PM
PabloEscobar20 posted...
necessary changes

Necessary are they? I suppose you're right. That's why Oblivion was a complete failure. Oh wait....
---
Gamertag & PSN: Archlvt
FFCC: EOT FC - 0261 0047 8986
#14CHROMEFLAMINPosted 7/26/2011 11:34:13 PM
The D Pad will be the death of this game on the 360.
#15MaridStormbreakPosted 7/27/2011 12:13:14 AM(edited)
Lolno. The D-pad's diagonals are bad. UDLR on the X360's D-pad is fine. It works fine for switching weapons in Gears, it'll work fine here.
---
#16Rancoeur3Posted 7/27/2011 4:59:30 AM
^Exactly what I said many times. I finished Vanquish in hard and the challenge up to 5 (6 is kicking my ass) and never once I switched to another weapon I didn't wanted. Same for Gears 1&2.

However I do recognize the 360 D-Pad is one of the worst ever created if you use diagonals, it was horrible in Castlevania Harmony of Despair and got me killed serveral times.
#17Ellone LoirePosted 7/27/2011 7:30:27 AM
Never thought I say this but... do you think it would be a good idea to get a Street Fighter pad for Dark Souls just so I can avoid using the less than idea d-pad on the Xbox controller? It probably will take some getting used to I know since 2 of the buttons are now on the face instead of the top and I used to play a lot of Demon's Soulsback then when my PS3 was still alive...
---
Without syntax and grammar, human language would not be any different from the chimpanzees that shout repeating sounds. ~ Phillip Tobias
#18MaridStormbreakPosted 8/7/2011 2:15:18 AM

Lolno. The D-pad's diagonals are bad. UDLR on the X360's D-pad is fine. It works fine for switching weapons in Gears, it'll work fine here.

---
#19qamefaqsPosted 8/18/2011 6:25:44 PM
Is there a particular reason as to why everyone expects them not to give us fully customizable controls in this game (other than past behavior and maybe laziness or that they're intentionally going for the usual "Let's get players hooked onto our proprietary control scheme so that they'll be far less likely to want to play other games that don't offer the same controls" approach) ?
#20Rancoeur3Posted 8/19/2011 6:19:18 AM
It wasn't possible on Demon's Souls and it's like that on a lot of consoles games. We'll have to see but I think you won't be able to configure your controls.
---
Do not be concerned, life is hardly as precious as one might think.