Can you play with friends in this game?

#1levyjl1988Posted 9/10/2011 8:51:26 AM
I haven't played the original Dark Souls game, but I heard you can leave messages and go with people and take down enemies, anyway my question is can you go with friends and play this game? Much like a multiplayer Borderlands experience?
---
Too many Games, soo little time.
Add me online: Xbox Live / PSN: levyjl1988 | Wii FC: 4573 9661 36954390
#2Rancoeur3Posted 9/10/2011 9:36:27 AM
No, you don't choose who you summon. You can play with a friend with some tricks but the game wasn't mean to
---
Do not be concerned, life is hardly as precious as one might think.
#3Crimson__HeadPosted 9/11/2011 12:45:30 PM
The co-op system in DS was terrible. You have to leave signs and stuff for people and you both have to be in the same area and done the same stuff or something to that extent. Designed very poorly...basically the game isn't meant for co-op with friends.

You can easily do it though if you communicated with thw per...oh wait doesn't have voice chat. N/M You can arrange stuff from forums though.
---
http://images.wikia.com/residentevil/images/4/4b/V-ACT_Crimson_Head.jpg
#4Rancoeur3Posted 9/11/2011 1:11:09 PM
It's not designed poorly, it wasn't mean for coop and it will be the same for Dark Souls. Perhaps it doesn't fit the taste of most westerners but well it's like that, the devs FROM make what they think is good (this is why for example they fixed the armor system but didn't touch the coop system).
---
#5Mr_DittersPosted 9/12/2011 10:23:54 AM

Rancoeur3 posted...
No, you don't choose who you summon. You can play with a friend with some tricks but the game wasn't mean to
---

Yes you can choose who you summon. You have to be near the same level. Meet up and summon your friend. Their soul sign is written with their name on it.

#6CatfishWigginsPosted 9/13/2011 5:33:10 AM
In Demon's Souls there wasn't a convenient way to summon your friend.

In Dark Souls, for the 360 at least, you'll be able to directly invite people who are in your Xbox Live party into your Dark Souls game.
---
How do I feel? What do I say?
In the end it all goes away.
#7MaridStormbreakPosted 9/13/2011 5:52:26 PM

In Demon's Souls there wasn't a convenient way to summon your friend.

In Dark Souls, for the 360 at least, you'll be able to directly invite people who are in your Xbox Live party into your Dark Souls game.

Source.
---
Dusk's Precipice ~ http://summaxr.com/dueltopia
Your premiere dueling experience. Dueltopia Live!