was gonna buy this, now im not so sure

#1RepublicanThugPosted 10/1/2011 8:42:34 AM
I watched a stream last night for just over an hour and noticed 2 things.
1. The game seemed pretty linear again and the action looked rather repetitive.
2. There was 0 background noise most of the time. No ambiance of any kind. Not even a good music score. Sometimes the music in games is so good it literally draws you in. It just seemed rather bland without it.
---
nObama 2012
#2Kratos_Plays_DSPosted 10/1/2011 8:57:39 AM

1. It's not Elder Scrolls open world, more like Metroid open world. There are definitely different ways you can go, and a lot more hidden/side areas than Demon's Souls.

2. Music only shows up in boss fights. The reason there is no music elsewhere is because enemy sounds play an important part in this game. I never had a problem with music in Demon's Souls. Besides, you can play your own music.

#3DuneManPosted 10/1/2011 9:21:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgpYfCnLhAo

If that track does nothing for you, then you won't like any of the music in the game...
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#4RepublicanThug(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2011 9:25:33 AM
I'm still open to it. Just not gonna be a d1p. Will maybe check into it after giving rage a shot.
---
nObama 2012
#5The_DjokerPosted 10/1/2011 10:08:11 AM
noone is telling you to buy it 1st day. But rent it or check it out in the long run. also i don't get the repetitive combat comment...you aren't playing the game, it's not as repetitive when you play the game. IF this game was easy...then yes it would get repetitive but this game keeps you on the edge and mentally focused. Watching it can be repetitive because you don't have to worry about anything.
#6RepublicanThug(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2011 10:16:10 AM
The_Djoker posted...
noone is telling you to buy it 1st day. But rent it or check it out in the long run. also i don't get the repetitive combat comment...you aren't playing the game, it's not as repetitive when you play the game. IF this game was easy...then yes it would get repetitive but this game keeps you on the edge and mentally focused. Watching it can be repetitive because you don't have to worry about anything.

Watching him use the same attack over and over looked VERY repetitive. And like I said the lack of ambiant sound just....well, sounded dull. It's no biggie ill check it out when I can pick up a used copy. That way if I don't like it I can get a refund within 7 days.
---
nObama 2012
#7The_DjokerPosted 10/1/2011 10:19:52 AM
you can do that with a new game support the dev. And you didn't understand my point. By your logic everything is repetitive. Zelda is Repritive, Skyrim is Reptitive. You forgot the fact that later on you can gain more weapons and use a variety of attacks. Also the sound thing is more natural, sometimes no music can improve the atmosphere.
#8Nasada19Posted 10/1/2011 10:29:13 AM
Watching him use the same attack over and over looked VERY repetitive.

Then the player sucked. There is a variety of magic, light and heavy attacks, can wield all melee weapons with one or 2 hands (changes their attack), parry system and backstabs.
---
If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
#9RepublicanThug(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2011 10:50:29 AM
Nasada19 posted...
Watching him use the same attack over and over looked VERY repetitive.

Then the player sucked. There is a variety of magic, light and heavy attacks, can wield all melee weapons with one or 2 hands (changes their attack), parry system and backstabs.

That may be it. Or maybe just early on you have no options. What kind of magic is there?
---
nObama 2012
#10The_DjokerPosted 10/1/2011 10:51:59 AM
you can do attacks with firebals and stuff early in the game, there's also bow, spear and axe.