Question.

#1SkateborderfrekPosted 10/1/2011 2:21:19 PM
Will I be able to talk to my friends in a party if I'm play Dark Souls and they are playing other games?
---
No sig
#2The_DjokerPosted 10/1/2011 2:25:12 PM
Party chat component is the same thing no matter what game so no you canot talk to someone else playing another game(why on earth would you want to do that in the first places boggles me)

But you can Private Chat while you both play Dark Souls.
---
http://s2.postimage.org/5zd4anbwq/The_Djokerlol.png
#3Skateborderfrek(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2011 2:28:54 PM
so no you canot talk to someone else playing another game(why on earth would you want to do that in the first places boggles me)

Because I actually have friends who won't be playing this game.

We all go to different colleges, and Xbox is one of the ways we stay in touch and play together, even if it's not the same game.

I'm sorry if you don't like to socialize with people, but I just think it's kind of lame that I can't play this game and casually talk to my buds at the same time.
---
No sig
#4The_DjokerPosted 10/1/2011 2:34:20 PM
I do like to socialize with people...in clubs, bars and college etc....so that comment was needless.

Also Dark Souls isn't the type of game you want to be playing while talking about how you got off with a chick last friday night.
---
#5Rancoeur3Posted 10/1/2011 2:34:54 PM
Yes you can but only if you're playing the game offline.
---
Do not be concerned, life is hardly as precious as one might think.
#6The_DjokerPosted 10/1/2011 2:37:52 PM
Hey you're right so I guess he's ok, but i still think it's impractical to be socializing while playing this game.
---
#7moomoomashooPosted 10/1/2011 2:42:59 PM

Hey you're right so I guess he's ok, but i still think it's impractical to be socializing while playing this game.

But surely the main point is that it should be MY decision whether I want to or not...?

I agree that maybe the atmosphere could be ruined if I talked to my friends online while playing this game. But I should be able to if I want to.
---
Isn't that right Zach?
#8Link43130Posted 10/1/2011 2:53:25 PM
The_Djoker posted...

No more impractical than socializing while playing any other game.
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: Link43130
#9GeigerdolylWoddPosted 10/1/2011 3:02:33 PM

Skateborderfrek posted...
so no you canot talk to someone else playing another game(why on earth would you want to do that in the first places boggles me)

Because I actually have friends who won't be playing this game.

We all go to different colleges, and Xbox is one of the ways we stay in touch and play together, even if it's not the same game.

I'm sorry if you don't like to socialize with people, but I just think it's kind of lame that I can't play this game and casually talk to my buds at the same time.
---
No sig

Isn't there a chat[ad attachment you can connect to your 360 controller so that you can text each other on 360? How often do you text? I don't think I heard anything about text support being dropped just CHAT support