I've never played Demon's Souls... questions about this game

#1agentpheonixPosted 10/3/2011 3:23:03 PM
I haven't played Demon's Souls (I played it for about an hour but that's it), and I haven't been following this game as much as I should. A few questions:

How does the loot system work? Do you just pick up items from enemies, or can you forge/ upgrade equipment?

Are there "rare" drops?
---
GT: Red Undead Now Playing: Gears of War 3, Deus Ex: Human Revolution
http://i.imgur.com/zAXL7.png
#2Dark_SpiretPosted 10/3/2011 3:44:52 PM
you can loot enemies and bodies around the world for equipment as well as forge new ones and upgrade what you have. you can also buy new ones from npc's.

not sure about the rare drops.
---
My PC screen shots-http://s402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/Darkspiret/
Currently playing: M&M: Clash of Heroes - Fallout NV: Loansome Road
#3skinnyBuhPosted 10/3/2011 6:25:55 PM
In demons souls, you got rare drops from enemies, but usually you would just find the item you were wanting somewhere else in the game.

ie... a Guy in world 1-1 would rarely drop the purple flame shield, but most of the time would just drop a late moon grass... You would end up getting the purple flame shield for free after beating 1-1 and returning to a certain area you couldn't reach before.

The amount of grinding you would have to do to get that guy to drop the shield, was not worth it and you could easily just return and get the shield. I feel like this was true for most drops in the game, and if you did get a rare... you totally lucked out.
---
I pre-ordered Double Dragon II when it first came out.
#4skinnyBuhPosted 10/3/2011 6:28:27 PM
Loot was mostly found throughout the game, and upgraded by taking it to a blacksmith.

Most of the better weapons were made by farming certain stones and using them to upgrade items at the blacksmith.
---
I pre-ordered Double Dragon II when it first came out.
#5penguin_sniperPosted 10/3/2011 6:40:09 PM
lol i got him to drop the purple flame shield first try.. i didnt even know he dropped it untill i got it lol
---
i find myself checking corners for campers when walking down corridors. -tennisprobill69