Dark Souls' sales obliterate Demon Souls'

#1Alucard_PrimePosted 10/3/2011 4:19:39 PM

LOL:

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/877013-dark-souls-outsells-demons-souls-in-first-week-in-japan

#2SquigglyJusticePosted 10/3/2011 4:41:54 PM
I don't get it.
---
For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me... it was Tuesday.
#3Necro_Fear89Posted 10/3/2011 4:46:32 PM
Dark souls had WAY more advertisement than that of Demons Souls. So I'm not really surprised there, people are very curious on this unique game.
---
The Bird of the Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.
#4ZeldiasPosted 10/3/2011 4:48:05 PM
Not to mention Dark Souls has Demon's Souls to build it's mind share. After a while, difficulty and Demon's Souls became synonymous for reviewers and there was often some off-hand mention or joke or something. Lots of people who haven't played Demon's Souls have heard about it by now.

Plus Dark Souls is on both consoles, so duh it'll sell more.
---
Look! The East is burning red!
#5WaceyRabbitPosted 10/3/2011 4:55:49 PM
^^^
What they've said. Dark Souls has had a ton more advertising, so it's only natural that it would sell more copies.

"The Japanese release of Dark Souls has already outside the lifetime total for predecessor Demon's Souls after just one week in the charts, with over a quarter of a million sales in its first few days."

Gotta love the error in the first sentence under the title. I've been noticing this a lot more lately with "professionally" written articles.
---
First World Problems: The Domino's pizza tracker isn't working. Now I don't know when to put my pants on.
Go Sharks!
#6Alucard_Prime(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2011 4:57:17 PM

The "lol" comment was not from surprise, more from excitement....I wanted to highlight some really good news that's all... I was expecting better sales, but this is total ownage...can't wait for this game.

#7user420Posted 10/3/2011 5:23:08 PM
Could also have to do with the fact that it's multi-platform instead of ps3 onry.
---
Go to work, send your kids to school, follow fashion, act normal, walk on the pavement, watch TV, save for old age, obey the law, repeat after me: I am free.
#8cdaroPosted 10/3/2011 5:26:48 PM
user420 posted...
Could also have to do with the fact that it's multi-platform instead of ps3 onry.

Except for the fact that it's not even on the xbox over in Japan.
---
9/13
El Psy Congroo
#9Mindwipe77Posted 10/3/2011 5:38:27 PM
alot of times sequels (even spirtiual ones) outsell their predecessor, not a huge shocker
---
Now Playing-ShockMan(TG-16) X-Men Destiny(360)
GameStop is a horrible company
#10labountiPosted 10/3/2011 5:39:21 PM
It shipped in low numbers. Big surprise?