I hate it when games don't have a pause....

#1jemoore9Posted 10/4/2011 11:34:24 AM
But I love this game.

Speaking of, who else was freaking about those 5 skeletons after tutorial near the bridge and thought they would almost die?

I pulled it off somehow...

Seems like a nice grinding spot.

Is grinding a good idea?
---
More Than Loyal Commander Of Crabdom.
#2LandonioPosted 10/4/2011 11:35:47 AM
Reminds me of Mortal Kombat back in the day.
---
All you gotta do is look in da tree.
ROLL TIDE
#3spideyredxPosted 10/4/2011 11:38:57 AM
Yea i just sit at the bonfire or kill all nearby enemies and stand in a corner (not as easy as it sounds lol). I'm only 3 hours in and I love this game!

In the very beginning I accidentally went into a graveyard and ran away from some really hard skeletons. I managed to accidentally kill one and got a nice shield drop- i was so lucky because there was no way I could survive in there.

Finally I went to the bridge you were talking about and I barely made it through without dying!
#4Retrogamer79Posted 10/4/2011 12:00:31 PM
i made a topic about this just about an hour ago.

i know this game is supposed to be hardcore but i have a wife and 4 year old daughter both of whom bug me for things constantly, as well as friends calling and various other life distractions.

i understand that pausing a game while playing online is impossible, like when someones invading your world or whatever but i think if youre playing offline you should at least be able to pause. the games make me feel like im being punished for actually having a life outside of gaming.
---
EDGE magazine could review a threesome with Scarlett Johansson and Megan Fox and still give it a 4/10-Osafune2
#5jemoore9(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2011 12:47:28 PM
The only thing I really dislike about the no pause is when my controller turns off and I wtf cause I'm getting attacked >.<

And bump for the grinding question.
---
More Than Loyal Commander Of Crabdom.
#6simonbelmont2Posted 10/4/2011 12:52:34 PM
Retrogamer79 posted...
i made a topic about this just about an hour ago.

i know this game is supposed to be hardcore but i have a wife and 4 year old daughter both of whom bug me for things constantly, as well as friends calling and various other life distractions.

i understand that pausing a game while playing online is impossible, like when someones invading your world or whatever but i think if youre playing offline you should at least be able to pause. the games make me feel like im being punished for actually having a life outside of gaming.

Yeah, I think it's kind of a hassle. What if you spend twenty minutes fighting a tough boss and the phone starts ringing? Or someone knocks at the front door? You have to either labandon the game and get killed or quit to the main menu. It seems like playing this when you are expecting guests to arrive or an important phone call is a bad idea.
---
Adversity introduces a man to himself.
#7RahzarXPosted 10/4/2011 12:54:58 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#8PlasmetoPosted 10/4/2011 12:57:19 PM
^ Good god that is pathetic...
---
"there have been plenty of entries in the horror genre based around killers, cereal killers" - BhaalAvitar
#9simonbelmont2Posted 10/4/2011 12:58:30 PM
That fool RahzarX is always posting wiseguy comments.
---
Adversity introduces a man to himself.
#10RahzarXPosted 10/4/2011 12:58:43 PM
Plasmeto posted...
^ Good god that is pathetic...

Another casual, take it back.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."