The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Gold pine resin?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Gold pine resin?

User Info: IAmNotTyph

IAmNotTyph
5 years ago#1
Any idea why I can't use this? I haven't been able to use it with either Drake Sword or Astora's Straight Sword (2 different runs). I would like to be able to use it for the second boss.

Edit: When I equip and try to use it, my character just kinda shrugs, and use item is striked out.
nt

User Info: XShadowStrike99

XShadowStrike99
5 years ago#2
yeah, those items aren't able to be equipped with resin for some reason(magic?)

you'll need some standard weapons. I was able to use it just fine on the Halbred.
We've put the world up onto a dead throne.

User Info: Darth Venger

Darth Venger
5 years ago#3
How long does the effect last once you place it on a weapon?
Hard work may pay off in the future, but laziness always pays off immediately.

XShadowStrike99
5 years ago#4

How long does the effect last once you place it on a weapon?

it fades rather quickly. I haven't figured out yet if it's timed or depends on how many strikes you deal out. all I know is after finishing off a couple of enemies(about 8 or so), it faded.

User Info: IAmNotTyph

IAmNotTyph
5 years ago#5
Well after reading your post, Shadow, I switched to a Broadsword for the battle, and rather quickly killed it. I had the help of the phantom sun guy, and each of my broadsword +lightning attacks did 101 damage to it.

It lasted until the end of the battle or so, I was able to kill both of them with it active.
nt

XShadowStrike99
5 years ago#6

Well after reading your post, Shadow, I switched to a Broadsword for the battle, and rather quickly killed it. I had the help of the phantom sun guy, and each of my broadsword +lightning attacks did 101 damage to it.

It lasted until the end of the battle or so, I was able to kill both of them with it active.

guess it's timed. those guys go down really quickly with the Drake sword, too.

User Info: tizleness

tizleness
5 years ago#7
i think those weapons can't have that kinda stuff on it. kinda like how they need special items to upgrade..

User Info: PureNothingness

PureNothingness
5 years ago#8
If it's like Demon's Souls, the majority of unique weapons can't have item-enchantments used on them. Unique weapons tend to have special modifiers already on them--be it fire/lightning damage, some positive status effect, etc.--and they can't have more than one working at a time.
"Death is a reality that is far too real."-Frederic Francois Chopin, Eternal Sonata
PSN: Mysteltain
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Gold pine resin?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived