The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Gold pine resin?

#1IAmNotTyphPosted 10/6/2011 6:33:21 AM(edited)
Any idea why I can't use this? I haven't been able to use it with either Drake Sword or Astora's Straight Sword (2 different runs). I would like to be able to use it for the second boss.

Edit: When I equip and try to use it, my character just kinda shrugs, and use item is striked out.
---
nt
#2XShadowStrike99Posted 10/6/2011 6:34:28 AM
yeah, those items aren't able to be equipped with resin for some reason(magic?)

you'll need some standard weapons. I was able to use it just fine on the Halbred.
---
We've put the world up onto a dead throne.
#3Darth VengerPosted 10/6/2011 6:36:46 AM
How long does the effect last once you place it on a weapon?
---
Hard work may pay off in the future, but laziness always pays off immediately.
#4XShadowStrike99Posted 10/6/2011 6:37:43 AM

How long does the effect last once you place it on a weapon?

it fades rather quickly. I haven't figured out yet if it's timed or depends on how many strikes you deal out. all I know is after finishing off a couple of enemies(about 8 or so), it faded.
---
#5IAmNotTyph(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2011 6:39:22 AM
Well after reading your post, Shadow, I switched to a Broadsword for the battle, and rather quickly killed it. I had the help of the phantom sun guy, and each of my broadsword +lightning attacks did 101 damage to it.

It lasted until the end of the battle or so, I was able to kill both of them with it active.
---
nt
#6XShadowStrike99Posted 10/6/2011 6:41:45 AM

Well after reading your post, Shadow, I switched to a Broadsword for the battle, and rather quickly killed it. I had the help of the phantom sun guy, and each of my broadsword +lightning attacks did 101 damage to it.

It lasted until the end of the battle or so, I was able to kill both of them with it active.

guess it's timed. those guys go down really quickly with the Drake sword, too.
---
#7tizlenessPosted 10/6/2011 6:43:38 AM
i think those weapons can't have that kinda stuff on it. kinda like how they need special items to upgrade..
#8PureNothingnessPosted 10/6/2011 6:53:54 AM
If it's like Demon's Souls, the majority of unique weapons can't have item-enchantments used on them. Unique weapons tend to have special modifiers already on them--be it fire/lightning damage, some positive status effect, etc.--and they can't have more than one working at a time.
---
"Death is a reality that is far too real."-Frederic Francois Chopin, Eternal Sonata
PSN: Mysteltain