What is the level cap?

#1The_BlackSkull3Posted 10/6/2011 1:15:16 PM
What is the highest level you can get to and does anyone have a link to how much souls are needed? thanks for any help on this subject.
#2ZOMGfunPosted 10/6/2011 1:17:12 PM
On a separate account, I went and got myself to max, from the look of it. The max level, from what it seems, is 713. As all my stats are 99 and that's my level. The amount of souls it took, was one whole stack of 999, 999, 999, and another full stack all the way down to 305, 000, 000 left, you do the math.
---
PSN: MR_URGFSBF, XBL: LOL UR GFS FACE.
"Everything you do in life will be insignificant, but you must do it anyway." - Ghandi
#3Epic_McDudePosted 10/6/2011 1:19:08 PM
ZOMGfun posted...
On a separate account, I went and got myself to max, from the look of it. The max level, from what it seems, is 713. As all my stats are 99 and that's my level. The amount of souls it took, was one whole stack of 999, 999, 999, and another full stack all the way down to 305, 000, 000 left, you do the math.

Did you do some hex editing/save editing? Hard to believe someone got so many souls so soon.
---
Emperor of the Bearddom
Bearddom - Fighting to make GameFAQs a funner place.
#4ZOMGfunPosted 10/6/2011 1:23:36 PM
Well of course, it's damn near impossible to get that many without it. With the kind of grinding they have in this game, getting level 100, is like beating Ninja Gaiden on insane. The game does not want you venturing forth that much more. As well, I tried it out, it doesn't make much of a difference. Besides the health, you still die quite fast. Just certain areas, if you mess up, you get 1-2 hits more before you die. Which tells me, after basic leveling, there's no point, just like Demon's Souls.
---
"Everything you do in life will be insignificant, but you must do it anyway." - Ghandi
#5Terminal OmegaPosted 10/6/2011 1:25:09 PM
Stats have diminishing returns, especially after 20 points.
---
"Attention people of Earth: there are some things lawsuits can't remedy. That is all." -- missmez
#6darkserpent213Posted 10/6/2011 1:27:51 PM

So is there a point whenI shouldnt continue to upgrade my stats and just save the souls to buy things?

#7VulrusPosted 10/6/2011 1:31:29 PM
yes, it would smart to level up your stats first based upon what type of character you want to play, then level up stats according to weapons you want to use, then level up stats to make your character more well rounded. By the time your stats are good enough to use good weapons, it would be better to start putting souls into weapons as the damage increase from that would be much better than to continue leveling your character.
#8ZOMGfunPosted 10/6/2011 1:36:41 PM
Let's say you're a mage. Raise your intelligence to 2-30 and stop. Things like that, if you're a warrior/fighter, raise your strength or dexterity to 20-30 and stop. Than raise the items you have, a guy with a level 1 skill with a great weapon, is going to do better with a guy with a 20 skill and a weak weapon.
---