Cutting off tails

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Cutting off tails
5 years ago#1
I'm fairly new to dark souls and was wondering if anyone could tell me how to cut off boss tails and or give me tips as well. I shot off the dragons tail but didn't cut off the gargoyle tail. Thanks
5 years ago#2
I'm pretty sure you can't cut off the gargoyles tail.
GT. nnythekiller
Stoic wanderer
5 years ago#3
use a sword
5 years ago#4
It's pretty self-explanatory. Just aim for the tail and eventually it will come off.
Pokemon Black FC: 3739 8949 4163
Xbox GT and Steam ID: BlazeHero
5 years ago#5
nnytherkiller posted...
I'm pretty sure you can't cut off the gargoyles tail.

you can, its how you get the axe.

TC: just attack the tails. it doesnt give you much feedback, but they will usually fall off.
You can thank Reagan for indirectly funding the Colombian XBL account theft ring
5 years ago#6
So should I not target the enemy, or can you target the tail automatically?
5 years ago#7
1) Run around to the tail

2) Swing your sword

3) Tail falls off

4) Profit
5 years ago#8
I recommend summoning Soltaire to distract the gargoyle, and then turning off autolock and running to the back of the gargoyle. the tail comes off in about 2-5 hits, so it's pretty easy. The axe is pretty disappointing though.
"And then it was all over. The storm seemed to lose its frenzy.
The ragged clouds gave way to the stars above."
5 years ago#9
If you're really wanting the axe, let me tell you, it's not a good weapon at all.
GameFaqs message boards, you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy...
5 years ago#10
Isn't that axe one of the weapons needed for the achievement/trophy? Plus chopping the tail removes some of the harder attacks to dodge, it's worth it to me just for that.
Wolverine4545 "You remind me of the people who always say beauty is on the inside...."
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Cutting off tails

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived