The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Best Beginner Class? And How To Build?

#1thankeekaPosted 10/9/2011 8:26:32 AM
What's the best class for a beginner who never really did that well at the previous game? I try some characters, but then as soon as I struggle I think, "Well this isn't my class" and then I start over. So I've played the game probably 6-7 hours and yet no one character more than an hour.

Any advice for a good class for a beginner and how to develop them? Help would be VERY appreciated. haha
---
www.mpogd.com (Multiplayer Online Game Directory)
MMO/multiplayer news, interviews, previews, and reviews
#2afterlife_zombePosted 10/9/2011 8:29:27 AM
Personally I think either pyromancer or sorcerer are the easiest, since the spells give you good ranged damage/magic damage. I started with a pyro and have had no problems (besides normal boss frustration), and have been easily killing enemies that my friend (who started as a knight) has been having problems with.
#3findingoPosted 10/9/2011 8:32:13 AM
I would suggest pyro too. I tried knight and hunter myself first but pyro was diffenitely the easier begining. Form there you can pretty much build it any way you want (depending on the type of weapons / magic you want to use).
#4HighOnPhazonPosted 10/9/2011 8:32:35 AM
Class doesn't matter, get that mindset into your head.

Now, starting out, some classes have ways of making the game more difficult or easier, but generally overall it doesn't matter what class you pick.

I'd say go Pyromancer. You start at level 1 with the most balanced stats and can make it into any kind of character you want. My suggestion? A Warrior/Pyro hybrid. Pump endurance, Vitality, Str and Dex and ignore the rest. You don't really need intelligence, you can just upgrade the Pyromancer flame later in the game for boosted fire damage. I'd say one of the most important stats in the game is Endurance. It allows you to attack more, run, dodge, carry equipment, take blocks etc. It's your money stat, upgrade it.

Vitality is pretty important but don't go overboard. 20 is probably alright, especially if you're wearing armor. I also suggest if you go the armor route, that you seek topics about "Havel's Ring" otherwise you can't run or dodge for crap in armor. It makes wearing armor tolerable and actually a pretty good idea.

Early on, get the Drake Sword. Invest 16 Strength and I think it's 14(?) Dex so you can wield it. For a long while no weapon will really match up to it's power, will probably last you until you ring both bells (the game's halfway point is when you ring the second bell)

The Drake Sword is incredibly easy to get, it's practically given to you. Shoot the Red Drake's tail in Undead Burg when you go underneath it to avoid it's flame of death on the bridge. Get a bow, bring about 45 standard arrows. Shoot the tail, win.

From there, good luck.
---
GameFaqs message boards, you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy...
#5TheGreatKodamaPosted 10/9/2011 9:08:43 PM(edited)
HighOnPhazon posted...
Class doesn't matter, get that mindset into your head.

Now, starting out, some classes have ways of making the game more difficult or easier, but generally overall it doesn't matter what class you pick.

I'd say go Pyromancer. You start at level 1 with the most balanced stats and can make it into any kind of character you want. My suggestion? A Warrior/Pyro hybrid. Pump endurance, Vitality, Str and Dex and ignore the rest. You don't really need intelligence, you can just upgrade the Pyromancer flame later in the game for boosted fire damage. I'd say one of the most important stats in the game is Endurance. It allows you to attack more, run, dodge, carry equipment, take blocks etc. It's your money stat, upgrade it.

Vitality is pretty important but don't go overboard. 20 is probably alright, especially if you're wearing armor. I also suggest if you go the armor route, that you seek topics about "Havel's Ring" otherwise you can't run or dodge for crap in armor. It makes wearing armor tolerable and actually a pretty good idea.

Early on, get the Drake Sword. Invest 16 Strength and I think it's 14(?) Dex so you can wield it. For a long while no weapon will really match up to it's power, will probably last you until you ring both bells (the game's halfway point is when you ring the second bell)

The Drake Sword is incredibly easy to get, it's practically given to you. Shoot the Red Drake's tail in Undead Burg when you go underneath it to avoid it's flame of death on the bridge. Get a bow, bring about 45 standard arrows. Shoot the tail, win.

From there, good luck.

Its only required parameter above 10 is the 16 STR, the other is 10 DEX.