The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

How do I upgrade the damage for my pyromancy flame?

#1BullhogzillaPosted 10/10/2011 12:21:47 PM
I was thinking I had to put souls into intellect, but I heard that wouldn't increase the damage? Do I have to go to a merchant or to the blacksmith to upgrade my pyromancy damage?
---
Gamertag: DrunkenRooster
PSN: ObsidianRooster
#2FoNgThOnGzPosted 10/10/2011 12:35:40 PM
Upgrading the Pyromancy Flame itself doesn't increase its damage. Getting a higher level spell and INT should increase the damage.
---
GamerTag & PSN - FoNgThOnG
#3ZealotryPosted 10/10/2011 12:41:08 PM
You need to find the trapped pyromancer in the Depths. Hes near the butchers. After you save him talk to him and he will head back to the firelink shrine area. You can purchase upgradges for you pyromancers flame there which will increase your damage with current spells. He also sells more pyromancies. I am not sure but have heard that once you upgrade your pyromancer's flame enough it starts to scale by INT.
---
Welcome to the Internet. Feel free to malign other peoples ideas, and if that fails, their grammar.
Gamertag-Tyler2271
#4InSidius1Posted 10/10/2011 12:44:02 PM
Actually I've been seeing reports that int doesn't reflect pyromancy at all. Only upgrading the flame itself does. Anyone can confirm this?
---
Boredom leads to trolling. Trolling leads to anger. Anger leads to people tracking you down to beat the #%$* out of you.
#5Dire_WeaselPosted 10/10/2011 1:39:39 PM

The damage caused by the spells that you cast with the Pyromancy Flame aren't affected by INT.

Spell damage is affected by upgrading the Pyromancy Flame itself, every +1 gives you more damage up until +15, and the scaling increases when you turn in your +15 Pyromancy Flame for the second Pyromancy Flame.

The R2 attack for the Pryomancy flame (that point blank flame punch affect) does scale with INT, (the +15 Pyromancy Flame has an "S" scaling), but that's probably not want you want.

Unlike Sorcery, Pyromancy has no real INT requirement. You can build a STR or DEX melee class and compliment it with Pyromancy spells as long as you have the Attunement to buy spell slots.

If you've already mistakely bought INT to boost your spells, you'd probably be better off investing in a wand and some Sorcery spells, those will definitely be damage boosted.

#6OkamiakuPosted 10/10/2011 1:49:35 PM
Dire_Weasel posted...
The damage caused by the spells that you cast with the Pyromancy Flame aren't affected by INT.Spell damage is affected by upgrading the Pyromancy Flame itself, every +1 gives you more damage up until +15, and the scaling increases when you turn in your +15 Pyromancy Flame for the second Pyromancy Flame.The R2 attack for the Pryomancy flame (that point blank flame punch affect) does scale with INT, (the +15 Pyromancy Flame has an "S" scaling), but that's probably not want you want.Unlike Sorcery, Pyromancy has no real INT requirement. You can build a STR or DEX melee class and compliment it with Pyromancy spells as long as you have the Attunement to buy spell slots.If you've already mistakely bought INT to boost your spells, you'd probably be better off investing in a wand and some Sorcery spells, those will definitely be damage boosted.

The Spell damage ring also boosts your damage by I think 33%
---
- Black Shuck - Member of Black Hounds Hunting team
I walk the Darkest of Paths, that of Eternal Death..
#7StuflamesPosted 10/10/2011 5:37:39 PM
The Spell damage ring also boosts your damage by I think 33%

Do you mean pyromancy damage?
---
XboxGT: ShakeMeatLock