Firebreathing drake on bridge

#1BFBeast666Posted 10/11/2011 3:20:45 PM
I know how to get past that section (by walking on the lower level of the bridge), but I'm curious if there will be way to get rid of him permanently. Sticking him with arrows doesn't seem to do much (apart from yielding the drake sword)...
---
XBL gamertag: BFBeast666
Heavy Metal is the LAW!
#2XeliathPosted 10/11/2011 3:22:20 PM
Yes you can kill him. I've only ever heard of people firing loads of arrows into him.

I did try to go toe to toe with the Dragon but he spams his air-fire AoE if you are at his feet.
#3otakon2006Posted 10/11/2011 3:45:58 PM
Yeah, you basically have to bow him to death. If you try to fight him normally, he just spams mid-air flame breath attacks on you, giving you enough time in between to either just heal or attack. His Hp is pretty high too, as I managed to whack him several times before dieing inflicting about 1000 Hp worth of damage but his bar was still pretty unaffected. I'm level 64 or so, and I still can't kill him.
#4BFBeast666(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2011 3:55:42 PM
Hmmm, ok. I'll try that tomorrow. My Dex is quite nice, I've got the Longbow and arrows are thankfully easy to come by. Should be fun :)
---
Heavy Metal is the LAW!
#5BFBeast666(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2011 3:56:47 PM
Maybe Poison Arrows will help?
---
Heavy Metal is the LAW!
#6deathisajerkPosted 10/11/2011 4:01:17 PM
I accidentally came by a glitch where he kills himself when I was grinding. I would climb the ladder from the bonfire, run out where the hollows are, run back down and Drake would crisp them, then I go to the bonfire, rinse and repeat. One time he did his rush thing, which still killed the hollows, so I ran back to the bonfire. Next thing I know, I keep hearing him doing the flame rush repeatedly and after about a minute he died. I'm guessing he killed himself. I'm not complaining, I got 10k souls :D
---
Liquid Nitrogen is dangerous because it can freeze anything in seconds, which begs the question... Will it blend?
#7BFBeast666(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2011 4:05:10 PM
Hmm, nice find.

Can it be that sometimes the game messes up the "restocking" of the levels? I do my grinding in Undead Burg as well (only I clean out the ramparts) and sometimes enemy placement is off or they aggro strangely after using the bonfire. I mostly notice that with the three firebomb throwers on the scaffolding or the dudes in the room behind the rampart they're guarding.
---
Heavy Metal is the LAW!
#8TerantatekPosted 10/11/2011 4:13:37 PM
Kill the 3 rats, climb ladder, climb spiral stairs, kill black knight, shoot dragon once from behind in neck area for 10ksouls.

(If dragon doesn't appear ontop of tower, reload or run up tower numerous times)
---
"Dude, I can't feel my legs. Are they there?"
Love, Peace, 4:20-14/7. Living in Euphoria
#9BFBeast666(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2011 4:14:41 PM
Ah, THATS that the knight is guarding. Nice, thank you.
---
Heavy Metal is the LAW!
#10jaso13_basicPosted 10/11/2011 5:24:14 PM
Terantatek posted...
Kill the 3 rats, climb ladder, climb spiral stairs, kill black knight, shoot dragon once from behind in neck area for 10ksouls.

(If dragon doesn't appear ontop of tower, reload or run up tower numerous times)

Gotta try that.
---
Not changing this signature until John Morrison and Drew McIntyre wins the WWE/WHC Title: 10-09-09