Furtive Pygmy?

#1The Muffin Lord BobPosted 10/12/2011 11:30:40 PM
I've heard you can learn more if you choose the Pendant at the start of the game, but for the rest of us, que?
---
Author of The Angels Are The Reapers (and Other Stories) by Corey Hunter - http://www.amazon.com/Angels-Reapers-Other-Stories-ebook/dp/B0050ZGBSK/
#2The Muffin Lord Bob(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2011 6:41:19 AM
Anyone?
---
Author of The Angels Are The Reapers (and Other Stories) by Corey Hunter - http://www.amazon.com/Angels-Reapers-Other-Stories-ebook/dp/B0050ZGBSK/
#3XeliathPosted 10/14/2011 6:45:02 AM
If you are going to make a topic about what little spoilers there is in this game you should really put a spoiler tag. If you are interested -Spoiler Incoming- apparently your character is the furtive pygmy.
#4dudebroguymanPosted 10/14/2011 6:47:39 AM
It just says

Pendant
This faintly warm medal, engraved with the symbol of the Sun, is the ultimate honor, awarded to shoe who summon the warrior of sunlight and complete a goal.

The symbol represents Lord Gwyn's firstborn, who lost his deity status and was expunged from the annals. But the old god o war still watches closely over his warriors.
---
GT: Close Edge wtf.
Use the search option.
#5dudebroguymanPosted 10/14/2011 6:50:04 AM
Xeliath posted...
If you are going to make a topic about what little spoilers there is in this game you should really put a spoiler tag. If you are interested -Spoiler Incoming- apparently your character is the furtive pygmy.

Hold up WHAT? I thought the furtive Pygmy was

*spoilers*

the bed of chaos.

*end spoilers*
---
GT: Close Edge wtf.
Use the search option.
#6ducusssPosted 10/17/2011 6:16:02 PM
dudebroguyman posted...
Xeliath posted...

Hold up WHAT? I thought the furtive Pygmy was

*spoilers*

the bed of chaos.

*end spoilers*

Nope, that's the witch.
#7makornakPosted 10/17/2011 7:14:18 PM
I am going to go ahead and quote a post from /r/darksouls on reddit.

Major Spoiler ahead

"The Furtive Pygmy is actually man. And as such, you are his descendant. This is writing is pieced together by me, some 4chan posts, and the wikis.
There have been two distinct 'ages' in Lodran.
The Age of the Dragons
It was dark, and everyone cowered from the ruling dragons. Aside from the Sun, there is no light in the world.
The Age of Fire
From the Prologue, at some point fire came into Lodran. And from the fire, four main Fire Lords appeared.
Gwyn, The Lord of Cinder
The father figure of the creation myth, he is the central deity in all of Lodran. He has children. Gwynevere and Gwyndolin are present in game, but I'm not sure if he has more.
Gravelord Nito
Nito's main motivation is that he is a champion for the Undead. He sees no difference in the existence of life and death and wishes that he and his companions are treated as equal to those who are still alive. Nito may be the source of the original curse that would end up plaguing Lodran.
The Witch of Izalith
The Witch is an interesting figure, because her and her seven daughters, with the exception of Quelaana, became disfigured and molded into monsters when she tried to duplicate the lord soul flame. The Witch of Izalith herself becoming the mother of demons and sealed to become the Bed of Chaos.
This is also one of the game's first points where the player is meant to question his motivation. Quelaag is one of the Witch's daughters, and she attacks the player because she is there to actually protect her sister, the white spider, who is constantly in pain. They just wanted to be left alone.
Quelaana abandoned her doomed family and eventually asks the player
I beseech you. Free Mother and my sisters from the Flame of Chaos
I cannot do it myself; I lack the strength, and the bravery…
…But you…
I realize what I am asking. But please, free their pour souls…
Mother's ambitions were misguided, no doubt, but surely a thousand years of atonement is enough!
The Furtive Pygmy
This Fire Lord is a metaphor for man. The small flame a symbol of man's small stature compared to the other greatly powerful Fire Lords.
And with the strength of the fire, they ended The Age of Dragons.
And for a time, it was good. The world aligned itself to the Fire Lords and Lodran flourished. Until the undead arrived. People began losing their humanity and becoming undead. They hid all of them away in the undead asylum and an unknown amount of time passes and eventually, humanity itself became the rarest commodity.
But something happened as time went on. The flames began to grow weak and the deities of Lodran began to lose power to exert their will to the world. And so, the game begins. The waning flames are threatened by the Age of Darkness, The Age of Man, The Age of Dark Souls."

There is much more to this post, involving about the "True Story" behind this game, but this should cover your question.
#8Raven_ShikumiPosted 10/17/2011 7:33:42 PM
Pendant serves no function, save to be traded with Sparkly.
---
Cannot forgive the mind, drained of emotion,
that seeks eternity.
#9FScellPosted 10/17/2011 7:35:05 PM
Yeah I bit on that rumor a bit as well. At least the taking it as a gift part.
---
What is video game?!
#10CramerGamerPosted 10/17/2011 7:39:14 PM
Raven_Shikumi posted...
Pendant serves no function, save to be traded with Sparkly.

Pendant when used in certain environments after certain events unlocks "memories" basically some cryptic voice over that hints and reveals certain things (that many people have already speculated or 'proven' true via other means).

I know this personally. I used the pendant on my playthrough and listened to some of these memories.