Good place to farm for Titanite Slabs?

#1BigSai29Posted 10/13/2011 3:04:20 PM
Thanks in advanced
#2Xeronic1Posted 10/13/2011 3:06:39 PM
believe there is only 1 per playthrough.
#3Gun SagePosted 10/13/2011 3:13:50 PM
Slabs? Or do you mean something else?

As the above poster stated, pretty sure there's only one per playthrough.

Large Titanite shards can be found off leeches in blighttown (head opposite of Queelag's domain, towards the Ash Lake) and bought from the merchant in sen's fortress.

Titanite Shards can be bought from the merchant in undead parish. Haven't found a better method, they're fairly cheap and a good soul-farming spot will earn you far more than I could ever see drops getting you.

For twinkling titanite, trade red/purple moss clumps with snuggly the crow in the asylum. He has a small nest not far off from the nest of the massive crow that carries you in. Drop one in his nest, quit, come back, and there should be twinkling titanite there. Really easy and useful. Farm the moss clumps from the Ent's in darkroot basin (the tree people)

Titanite chunk's I haven't found a good spot yet... If anyone likes my suggestions and can give me one for chunks and the others, I'd be much obliged :P

Oh, and if you have the primordial serpent from the bell of awakening, feeding him titanite will break it down. Slabs = 5 chunks, I believe 5 chunks = 5 large shards, etc etc.
---
Now these points of data make a beautiful line, and we're out of beta we're releasing on time! So I'm glad I got burned, think of all the things we learned!
#4Noob_Pl0xPosted 10/13/2011 3:20:32 PM
There is one monster that can drop it apparently. Theres only one of its kind though and apparently its similar to a boss monster. Can't remember though. Check dark souls wiki?
---
Gamer Tag: tD I Morris
#5Zyzden2Posted 10/13/2011 3:21:22 PM
You can farm chunks of every color with a 100% drop rate off of the respawning black knights just before the final boss area. Slabs however are rumored to drop off of the dark wraiths at the bottom of the londo ruins. I however have not seen one drop there.
---
PSN: Zyzden
#6Gun SagePosted 10/13/2011 3:25:55 PM
I'd call BS on that one. I'm a darkwraith member, and kill those guys all the time as I go to feed humanity to the dark serpent. It's possible I've just not seen one, but killing 4-5 every time I run down there for maybe 10 runs thus far, I'd think I'd have gotten one by now. That's not counting my first time clearing the area...
---
Now these points of data make a beautiful line, and we're out of beta we're releasing on time! So I'm glad I got burned, think of all the things we learned!
#7turk173Posted 10/13/2011 3:38:26 PM
Does the Stray Demon drop one of these? I realize this is not farmable but I did not realize how rare this was.
#8Gun SagePosted 10/13/2011 3:40:14 PM
Yeah, the stray demon on the return trip to the asylum drops it I believe.

I haven't found a use for it other than feeding it to the serpent for a bunch of materials...
---
#9Terminal OmegaPosted 10/13/2011 3:41:55 PM
Actually, all slabs can drop, but it is incredibly rare.

Titanite Slab - Dark Wraiths at the bottom of New Londo Ruins
Blue Titanite Slab - Crystal Butterflies in Crystal Cave
White Titanite Slab - Black Knights (super rare)
Red Titanite Slab - Chaos Eaters in Lost Izalith (also super rare)
---
"Attention people of Earth: there are some things lawsuits can't remedy. That is all." -- missmez
#10tehking30Posted 10/15/2011 1:35:04 AM
Terminal Omega posted...
Actually, all slabs can drop, but it is incredibly rare.

Titanite Slab - Dark Wraiths at the bottom of New Londo Ruins
Blue Titanite Slab - Crystal Butterflies in Crystal Cave
White Titanite Slab - Black Knights (super rare)
Red Titanite Slab - Chaos Eaters in Lost Izalith (also super rare)

He is right, I farmed the dark wraiths for like 6 hours not 1 slab, but i got like 40 chunks. My brother farmed for maybe an hour and got a slab off the dark wraiths and then proceeded to send me a picture of him looting it. lucky douche. :(