Movies or books like Dark Souls?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Movies or books like Dark Souls?
4 years ago#1
Basically dark high fantasy. Can't think of many.
4 years ago#2
The only thing that comes to mind, that is kind of dark and high fantasy is an old Bakshi (I think it was him) movie from the 70s called Fire & Ice. A good sword and sorcery animated film.
FatzC "Need Skooma Badly"
4 years ago#3
I must be old.check out In The Name Of The Rose and the 80s version of Excalibur w patrick Stewart.both are amazing medevil movies.rose is a who done it set in a 13 century monastery and Excalibur is dark ages knight and sorcery :)
4 years ago#4
O and A Game Of Thrones obviously
4 years ago#5
A Cruel Wind is kind of like this, but with less giant monsters and more intrugue.
4 years ago#6
Berserk anime aswell although it ends leaving u hanging.the manga is great however.
4 years ago#7
Steven erikson. End of story. Start with gardens of the moon
4 years ago#8
The Witcher,evil dead movies lol,Dantes inferno is what comes to mind.
A song of ice and fire is nothing at all like this game.
4 years ago#9
Fire and Ice is not dark fantasy?
4 years ago#10
A Song of Ice and Fire (or HBO's Game of Thrones) is still a dark fantasy.... And it's very good

Berserk Manga is very similar in tone except more violent and a better story. It's my favorite manga, though unfinished. Many people who don't like anime/manga still quite like it.

The Witcher series is awesome.

Someone recommended The Name of the Rose. It's a very good movie, but it's definitely not fantasy. It's a medieval drama.

And I can't see how someone would recommend the Evil Dead movies (when only Army of Darkness has some similarities) and say that ASoIaF is not like it.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Movies or books like Dark Souls?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived