How to farm infinite Large Titanite Shards

#1XxzMayhemzxXPosted 10/15/2011 6:52:42 PM(edited)
In the painted world, after you unlock all the doorways to the boss...

The large tower shield knight right before Priscilla drops Large Titanite Shards every time. Also 1000 souls...
Just lure him back to the round building then he wont attack you..

Die and repeat as many times as you want.. good way to amass souls too
#2LaughingMan434Posted 10/15/2011 6:49:56 PM
Killing leaches works too.
---
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.
#3Sputnik1337Posted 10/15/2011 6:50:35 PM
so does doing the dragon head glitch and buying them
#4infinitexxPosted 10/15/2011 6:52:25 PM
So does not doing the glitch and buying them.
---
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.
#5XxzMayhemzxX(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2011 7:01:04 PM
Well glitch aside... It's one thing to get and use the Drake sword.. but glitch trick.. please.. ppl... so cheesy...

As far as buying them,..
By the time i leave the painted world.. i'll have so many and saved myself a lot of souls from buying them... lets just put it that way...

No sense buying when you can get em for free... and its right by a boss(albeit kinda easy) so there are going to be a few runs anyways...
it's not like your taking a bunch of time out of your day to farm... it's not a painstaking process, it's happening naturally. Before you know it you have 10-20 of them...
#6chaosDMZ2Posted 10/15/2011 7:07:37 PM(edited)
A much easier way to farm Large Titanite Shards and Green Titanite Shards is to farm the leeches in the Blighttown Swamp. There are about 15 in total in the back left of the swamp, past the entrance to the Hollow. They are very weak and have a relatively high chance to drop either one Large Titantie Shard or 5 (!) Green Titanite Shards.

On my Faith char, I killed them all and used Homeward to get back to the Bonfire fast. My best run netted me 3 Large Titanite Shards and 5 Green Titanite Shards, all in under 5 minutes per run.
---
GamePlay Entertainment: http://www.youtube.com/user/chaotic11
Gamertag: Raikirix (http://twitter.com/RaikirixGPE)
#7twotonezPosted 10/15/2011 7:12:17 PM
Killing leaches is much easier and they pretty much always drop em. I've gotten 20 in about half an hour of farming.
#8ROFLdPosted 10/15/2011 7:13:52 PM
Its much faster at the slimes near the bonfire you can also farm humanity in the same run extremely fast.
---
Achievements: 4749/5061
TrueAchievements.com + x360a > all
#9anluanPosted 10/15/2011 7:16:37 PM
I usually combine large titanite shard farming with humanity farming by going after the slimes and rats in the depths.
---
"Oh no, you got the Elswyr Crotch Rot. Go buy a Cure Disease potion at the Alchemist shop."--- posted by DoctorScraps
#10XxzMayhemzxX(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2011 7:17:08 PM
Blighttown huh... lol yeah...

I spent just enough time there to run all around and collect shinies... then got the hell out...
Did not stay there long enough to figure that sort of stuff out...

I do remmeber killing leeches, altho i only remember getting green...