Raw Weapon or +6?

#1DatBoyMookPosted 10/19/2011 10:25:42 AM

What's the difference?

#247Oblivion47Posted 10/19/2011 10:26:51 AM
Raw weapon is really only for early game, would recommend +6 because mainly because you can ascend it further later (if you so choose) whereas Raw caps at +5.
---
thank you for submitting your opinion. someone will be along to care when they get the time. - om3rta
#3VulcanHadesPosted 10/19/2011 10:32:21 AM
You can still revert a raw weapon anyway. So I just go for Raw because it does more damage than +10 weapons.

I'm SL 84 and my best weapon is still the Raw Reinforced Club +5. Kinda sad but it has 230 attack power. Hits harder than Drake Sword and even crystal / lightning weapons and it's better than my Demon Spear +5.
#447Oblivion47Posted 10/19/2011 10:37:52 AM
VulcanHades posted...
You can still revert a raw weapon anyway.

Yeah this is very true but it reverts to +5 so I am saying if you take your weapon to +10 then you've got it all ready to ascend to a boss weapon and won't have lost all the mats making a +5 Raw that you always planned to revert.

VulcanHades posted...

I'm SL 84 and my best weapon is still the Raw Reinforced Club +5. Kinda sad but it has 230 attack power. Hits harder than Drake Sword and even crystal / lightning weapons and it's better than my Demon Spear +5.

That's pretty bad like >_>

Yeah it would definitely hit harder than Drake Sword at SL84 as Drake Sword has no scaling... but there are a whole mess of better weapons out there... unless you are still early in the game but just farmed like crazy to be 84? I finished my first playthrough on 70....
---
thank you for submitting your opinion. someone will be along to care when they get the time. - om3rta
#5VulcanHadesPosted 10/19/2011 10:47:07 AM
Well main reason why I like clubs better is because they hit multiple enemies at the same time and cause bleeding or poison. And if you hold your club with both hands it multiplies damage by like 1.5. It's also less clunky than 99% of weapons I've found so far. They're all so slow and impractical. They all use too much stamina and have slow recovery.

There's also the fact that I still have my STR under 26 lol. So yeah I can't use the better weapons like Dragon Tooth and the others that require a STR of 40 or 50. So I guess I just poorly built my character. Spend a lot of points on attunement and intelligence.

I don't feel I've grinded a lot. I just got most of my levels from farming the rats and the slugs. :p I'm about to take on the 4 Kings.
#647Oblivion47Posted 10/19/2011 10:51:14 AM
VulcanHades posted...
Well main reason why I like clubs better is because they hit multiple enemies at the same time and cause bleeding or poison. And if you hold your club with both hands it multiplies damage by like 1.5. It's also less clunky than 99% of weapons I've found so far. They're all so slow and impractical. They all use too much stamina and have slow recovery.

There's also the fact that I still have my STR under 26 lol. So yeah I can't use the better weapons like Dragon Tooth and the others that require a STR of 40 or 50. So I guess I just poorly built my character. Spend a lot of points on attunement and intelligence.

I don't feel I've grinded a lot. I just got most of my levels from farming the rats and the slugs. :p I'm about to take on the 4 Kings.

heh, actually I guess I never really experimented with clubs. You do make em sound pretty cool, just never occurred to me to use a wooden stick, my loss I guess :P

Used Quelaag's Furysword for the rest of my playthrough after I reached the Blacksmith in Anor Londo. Now I am using Ornstein's Spear in New Game+ what a BEAST that weapon is :D
---
#7VulcanHadesPosted 10/19/2011 11:03:46 AM
Oh right, I forgot we could forge super weapons with the souls of bosses. I'll try that. :)