Why am I getting random Estus Flasks?

#1earwicker7Posted 10/21/2011 9:53:35 AM

Occasionally, I'll be running down a corridor, or through the woods, and I'll hear a sound along with a quick "burst" graphic, and suddenly my 10 Estus Flasks will be 11 Estus Flasks, even though I haven't kindled any of the bonfires past 10 Flasks. What is causing this? My first guess would be that a message was rated, but I'll check my messages with the Orange Soap Stone, andthey will all have zero ratings.

#2A_Wasted_LifePosted 10/21/2011 9:54:37 AM
Whenever someone in your lobby kindles the bonfire that you last rested at, it does this.
---
Killing's the first thing humans learned. And a good thing we did, or we'd be dead, and the Mudcrabs would own the earth.
#3DesktopzPosted 10/21/2011 9:54:45 AM
When other people kindle bonfires, the last person to rest there gets an extra flask.
---
Arse
#4cheezedadadaPosted 10/21/2011 9:54:47 AM
I think the messages are probably getting rated but the MP sucks so it still says '0' for you.
#5Dark_SpiretPosted 10/21/2011 9:57:02 AM
ya the game does some pretty cool things like that. i accidentally left my game on for a few hours, came back and found i had 19 flasks up from 5.
---
My PC screen shots-http://s402.photobucket.com/albums/pp109/Darkspiret/
Currently playing: Dark Souls - The Binding of Isaac - Rage
#6earwicker7(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2011 10:29:14 AM

Cool. Did not know that.

I guess I'm going to have to keep waiting on the message thing... so far, that's the only thing I don't like about this game compared to Demon's Souls; leaving messages in Demon's Souls actually resulted in something, where in Dark Souls, either nobody is rating messages, or there is something wrong with how they are being saved, because I have yet to see any message rated higher than nine.

Actually, scratch that... there is a second thing; I'm over twenty hours in, and I haven't been invaded, or been able to invade, a single time.

I'm conflicted on whether I like Dark Souls or Demon's Souls better; almost everything in Dark Souls is an improvement, but the multiplayer and messaging systems in Demon's Souls was one of the best parts of it, and Dark Souls is a huge step backwards in that aspect. They are still my two favorite games of all time.

#7AoENIACPosted 10/21/2011 10:47:59 AM
Kindling bonfires gives EVERYONE who is in the zone and lobby an extra flask.

Messages appear to give humanity points for being rated up.
---
Is there something about the way I type that makes it sound angry? Maybe it's just something about the way you read.
#8seb03Posted 10/21/2011 10:51:42 AM
if you rest at a bonfire then another player comes along and kindles that same fire you get a free estus flask
---
"and when PS3 goes down you have to change your bank account and the locks on your door."