Dragon covenant

#1hotlouPosted 10/23/2011 8:00:23 AM

Is ash lake the one with the hydra??? wheres the npc located to join the covenant

#2JayboatPosted 10/23/2011 8:05:28 AM
Well.. In Ash Lake. Ash Lake is a one-way street, that will end up with you at the Covenant leader.
#3Edwin LimPosted 10/23/2011 8:06:51 AM
Yeah the Ash Lake is the one with the Hydra who will jump around the lake and change positions and try to shoot you. You can simply run past him all the way to the end of the level. You join the covenant by praying to the Dragon himself who is at the end of the Ash lake. Make sure you shoot off his tail using arrows to get the Dragon Greatsword. Don't worry he won't attack you if you just shoot off his tail. Not sure about the body though, never dare tried lol.
---
Driving a PC racer with the keyboard is about as effective as typing an e-mail with your car's steering wheel. ~ Brian Ekberg
#4JayboatPosted 10/23/2011 8:09:34 AM
Edwin Lim posted...
Yeah the Ash Lake is the one with the Hydra who will jump around the lake and change positions and try to shoot you. You can simply run past him all the way to the end of the level. You join the covenant by praying to the Dragon himself who is at the end of the Ash lake. Make sure you shoot off his tail using arrows to get the Dragon Greatsword. Don't worry he won't attack you if you just shoot off his tail. Not sure about the body though, never dare tried lol.

You can melee the tail off. I did.
#5hotlou(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2011 8:22:44 AM

wth o.O i killed the hydra and got a silver golem at the end?? then theres a dead end

#6hotlou(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2011 8:23:46 AM

Also got a lady tht teaches me magic ;)

#7Edwin LimPosted 10/23/2011 8:28:40 AM
I guess your at the wrong place then. The Ash Lake can only be accessed from Blighttown.

Head down from Blighttown to the swamp and head west away from the Quelaag area. You will come to a place with lots of slugs. From there there is a huge tree where you can run up the tree roots.

Once at the very top, there will be a dead body with a treasure. The wall behind is an illusionary wall. Hit it and a path will appear with a treasure chest. Behind again is another illusionary wal. Go past it and down the ladder and you will be at the Great Hollow.

From here on, I suggest equiping some curse resistant clothing as there are a few curse frogs in the level. Proceed down the Hollow and you will be at the Ash Lake.
---
Driving a PC racer with the keyboard is about as effective as typing an e-mail with your car's steering wheel. ~ Brian Ekberg
#8KazukiYotsugaPosted 10/23/2011 8:41:54 AM
Your in Darkroot Hotlou not Ash Lake.

Ash Lake can only be gotten to by going through Blight Town into the Great Hollow(tree area) and then finally coming to Ash Lake.
#9hotlou(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2011 9:54:22 AM

I see, thanks for clearing that up guys. cheers!