I play with a modded character, but I NEVER grief people online.

#11gvandalePosted 2/2/2012 12:18:49 PM
Giving away items doesn't make modding/cheating acceptable. Why mod a game, is it too hard?
---
XBL: Darth Vandale
PSN: gvandale
#12z1hayzePosted 2/2/2012 12:19:59 PM
I encountered someone who had modded a character the other day. The conversation went something like this.

Me: Why do you cheat?

Him: bcuz i can

Me: I hope you get banned.

Him: im bill gates cuzin I can do w/e i want
---
Nvidia GeForce GTX 460M Intel Core i7-2630QM 8GB RAM
XBL Gamertag - XxPurpleHayzeXx
#13MalzelPosted 2/2/2012 12:29:00 PM
You must be aiming to get a negative reaction, because it's stupid to say you're modding for the sake of modding.
#14MustaklakiPosted 2/2/2012 12:30:03 PM

Brool story co

but seriously you bought the game, modded it and just give weapons and items that you probably don't even know how they work to people? That's ... that's worse than modding online just because of how lame that is.. the lameness makes me hate you

#15dirtybrown(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2012 12:52:24 PM
I do it because I enjoy it.

And to the guy who said I don't know what the items I give away are for, sure I do! This guy wanted a firekeeper soul, so I gave him one...I presume it was to give to that person who doesn't talk in Firelink Shrine, yes? lol. I also give person several pieces of different colored slabs and chunks. He said thank you and we both went on our separate ways.

This thread wasn't to get as much hate as possible, at least I don't think so =), but just to say thanks for letting me play the game and not reporting me! Be that as it may, I see now that my kind is not accepted here, so goodbye and I hope to be friends with you online!
#16MalzelPosted 2/2/2012 1:02:17 PM
What's so nice about giving away items you've never bothered to get yourself? It's meaningless to give away something you don't work for. Plus, you're ruining the experience of other players by giving everything to them.
Goodbye anyways, then.
#17GoldenVoidPosted 2/2/2012 1:10:03 PM
dirtybrown posted...
When you guys meet people who play with modded characters, do they just grief or are they ok people like me?

Half and half. I put a serious gypsy curse on them regardless.

God damn the modder man.
---
Gamer Tag: GhostlightX
#18u1tradtPosted 2/2/2012 1:33:07 PM

TC: "Everybody! I is so generous. Please shower me with praise and be in awe of me."

#19dirtybrown(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2012 1:45:12 PM
I'm back! I will be gone for reals though after this.

It's meaningless to give away something you don't work for. Plus, you're ruining the experience of other players by giving everything to them.

Ahh....this only applies if I thought that anything done in a videogame would be meaningful, in the big picture kind of sense. In which I don't (KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS STATEMENT IS PURELY SUBJECTIVE) And I only do it when they ask. I NEVER intentionally ruin or try to ruin anybody's gameplay. The only time I do I imagine is when people try to invade my world and try to kill me to gain some humanity (I for one never understood that mechanic about this game)

Half and half. I put a serious gypsy curse on them regardless.
God damn the modder man.

Sorry you and others feel that way, I for one can't speak for everybody that mods but we mean no harm =(

TC: "Everybody! I is so generous. Please shower me with praise and be in awe of me."

I never said that. I said thank you to everyone here that doesn't feel compelled to report someone who mods right away. Stop projecting.
#20theentropymakerPosted 2/2/2012 1:56:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woySeSNBL3o
---
"I am the wrath of God. If you had not committed great sins, then God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you." - Genghis Khan