Water Wheel in Blighttown FAIL :(

#1jokerz_r_wildPosted 4/20/2012 9:06:14 PM
So I had just killed Quelagg and was heading up the water wheel to get to Firelink from the New Londo short cut. I tried walking off when I got to the top and slipped through the crack and fell to my death. This happened again, 4 more times. I felt like such an idiot :(
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ , have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
______GT: Degredations Jr_______
#2Max58201Posted 4/20/2012 10:34:21 PM
the 5 times ive done blighttown ive lost my souls/humanity at that part...every single god damn time it was falling off a branch followed by falling off the water wheel to obtain my souls back...its cursed for me
---
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples
#3MastercardgoldPosted 4/21/2012 12:35:26 AM
jokerz_r_wild posted...
So I had just killed Quelagg and was heading up the water wheel to get to Firelink from the New Londo short cut. I tried walking off when I got to the top and slipped through the crack and fell to my death. This happened again, 4 more times. I felt like such an idiot :(

Okay, thank Jeebus I'm not the only one... I feel your pain. It looks so simple, so obvious, so damn un-dangerous... Ancient man did not have death involved when he created the waterwheel lol.
---
---Anything I say here must be taken with a grain of humor. Currently playing Dark Souls, Magic 2012, SSX, and EDF: IA.---
#4FastEddie2121Posted 4/21/2012 1:34:01 AM
Its even more of a whip if you head straight up to the water wheel without bothering to rest at the nearby bonfire and you then die and have to slog back all the way from the Daughter of Chaos bonfire.
#5lesarchPosted 4/21/2012 1:55:44 AM
What I do is roll right before the wheel angles up.
---
God made mankind. But everything else is made in China.
#6jokerz_r_wild(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2012 4:55:33 AM
FastEddie2121 posted...
Its even more of a whip if you head straight up to the water wheel without bothering to rest at the nearby bonfire and you then die and have to slog back all the way from the Daughter of Chaos bonfire.

yep, that was me. never bothered to rest at the tunnel bonfire cause i figured "ill make it this time" haha.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ , have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
______GT: Degredations Jr_______
#7eugene1222Posted 4/21/2012 5:26:23 AM
Ive only ever gone up that water wheel once in my first playthrough.

Since then I just rush down from firelink, pick up power within, kill quelaag and discharge, and then homeward bone back all the way to firelink :D
---
Young master, i cannot aid one who opposes the master.
#8CasylePosted 4/21/2012 2:51:29 PM
I hate that water-wheel, I despise it! It was responsible for my first experience dying a 2nd time in a row and losing everything. Even now I can still occasionally die there, 'cause it seems like, sometimes, you jump but just fall down for no good reason!

Ugh, and that branch leading to the crimson armor set! If you try to walk back on it you'll be pushed off to your death. If you want that crimson armor you really only have two choices, warp out using a bone or you can roll/flip over that section. You just have to be careful that you don't roll/flip right off the branch.
---
Gamertag - Casyle
#9Kuro-EijuushaPosted 4/21/2012 6:39:15 PM
Just lost about 100k souls, doing that exact thing... should have known better.
---
XBL ID: Cobalt Adept
#10ryujunPosted 4/21/2012 7:19:38 PM
This topic is awesome...no matter how many times I play this game, I still die at least twice at that intersection of the waterwheel. and I too always disregard the tunnel bonfire thinking, I'll get it this time, lol.

I started doing what eugene said now. Just ride it out, then homeward bound back to firelink.