So Im new to the game,but Im interested in trying out dual daggers or dual claws

#1wecantaimPosted 4/26/2012 8:21:08 AM
Anyone mind giving me some tips? Right now I'm a soul level of 16, currently on my first play through of the game. I've start out as a Pyromancer and pumped most of my souls into Vitality ( currently 25 now ). But then I realized I have no idea what I should do stat wise if I want to build into a dual dagger or dual claw build.

So, is there anything I should really know about when trying to go down this path a dual dagger/Claw Pyromancer? Like what stats are important? I haven't messed up already by pumping souls into Vitality, right?
#2Scorpian_KingPosted 4/26/2012 8:24:18 AM
Get dex and strength high enough to hold the claws. Next you should get them down an elemental path. I recommend one fire and one lightning. You should also focus on leveling vitality to atleast 40 and endurance to about 40 also. I may also recommend a shield for some on just starting out. The game is totally possible with dual claws and daggers but it is a lot harder than you might think.
#3wecantaim(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2012 8:29:51 AM
Scorpian_King posted...
Get dex and strength high enough to hold the claws. Next you should get them down an elemental path. I recommend one fire and one lightning. You should also focus on leveling vitality to atleast 40 and endurance to about 40 also. I may also recommend a shield for some on just starting out. The game is totally possible with dual claws and daggers but it is a lot harder than you might think.

Is there any big difference between claws and daggers? Heard something about Priscilla daggers, but nothing about a specific set of claws.
#4JustArtificialPosted 4/26/2012 1:51:05 PM

Claws cannot be 2-handed (obvious), have an awful moveset and deal low damage. The main dagger that everyone (that uses them) uses are the Bandit Daggers. Very easy to get, nice parry timing and animation, nice speed, nice moveset and deal nice critical damage. To get them; on your way to the Depths, farm the bandits for a pair. They aren't obtainable anywhere else and the bandits are very easy to kill.

#5game_wiz101Posted 4/26/2012 2:33:21 PM
My advice to you is... stop reading ahead.
---
People, especially children, are inherently evil. - Omega Gilgamesh
GT: SmokyJoMama
#6GSoKashPosted 4/26/2012 4:16:55 PM
wecantaim posted...
Scorpian_King posted...

Is there any big difference between claws and daggers? Heard something about Priscilla daggers, but nothing about a specific set of claws.

Priscilla's dagger is a boss weapon. You can't get two in one playthrough and you don't get it right away.

As game_wiz said, I would stop trying to read ahead so much. As your first playthrough, it might not be the best idea to dual wield daggers or claws. Dual wielding in general is not all that amazing. If you do plan on using at least one dagger, they are great for bleed damage and backstabs and ripostes.
---
Playing: Dark Souls(360), Skyrim(360)